Thread: Always fought that last 10 pounds.... page

PrimalNYC is offline Junior Member

Always fought that last 10 pounds....

Primal Fuel
    Hello all!!!

I stumbled upon the Primal Blueprint last week and wish I had a couple years ago. I am an avid exerciser (not chronic by any means, I just love being active everyday) and am steps away from a certification as a Nutritionist. My school is exceptionally progressive in thinking and exposing us to over 100 dietary theories but the thing that got me really excited was the introduction to Paleo and Ancestral eating a few month ago that ultimately led me to The Primal Blueprint. A book which I purchased last Friday and DEVOURED over the weekend.

I recently moved from the heart of the Rocky Mountains to New York City, to be closer to my long-term girlfriend and start a 'real' job. 3 weeks ago, I was hired at Peak Performance NYC as the Director of Sales and Marketing. Peak is a one-on-one personal training studio that REALLY exemplifies the Primal lifestyle (kind of Crossfit but not Crossfit). We haul sand bags, battle ropes, push sleds, and have fun while working out! I couldn't ask for a better job at a better gym!

Why am I telling you all this?? Because, I am embarking on the 30 Day Primal Challenge (I actually began Sunday) and cant wait to test this program. Through Peak, I also now have ALL the tools to do just that. I have been kind of living this lifestyle for years but now have the "Blueprint" that will allow me to make the tweaks I need to hopefully drop the last 10 pounds I have always carried around (Until now I subscribed to the 'whole grains = good grains theory). So, goodbye grains.

I had a full body composition performed on Friday and here are some of the particulars:

Male
    Height- 5'9"
    Weight- 162.7 pounds
    BF%- 14.5

So, as you can see, I'm not in bad shape by any means. I just want to lean out and with the support of the Primal Blueprint, Peak Performance and this community, I think I can do just that! I'll try and update and post often and maybe inspire or guide a fellow 'Grok'.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. We need primal nutritionists.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.