Thread: Ways to eat fish oil

Ways to eat fish oil

Shop Now
    Hi,
    I used to drink a table spoon of fish oil followed by a large piece of bread with butter. I have no doubts that it was healthy, especially in Autumn when I wanted to crank up my immune system.
    Now when I am eating primal, what would be the best replacement for bread?
    I tried to use cheese or meat, but nothing goes so well as bread, when I burp I can taste fish long time after.
    I am certain there are ways around it.
    (Like the one for garlic - if you want to eat raw garlic try eating it with tomatos - it is much easier for the stomach and even bad breath is limited)

If there are ways around it I would like to learn them too.

I swear that cod liver oil is the rankest most horrible thing known to mankind. They should make weapons out of it. The little kid I watch comes reeking of the stuff; it comes out of his pores, lol.

It's healthy, no doubt. Wish I could partake of it without feeling like I'm dying in the process of imbibing it.

*shudders*

Eat fish...

I normally drink cod liver oil with lemon. It's much milder than the original version. (It comes bottled with added lemon taste, I don't eat lemons with it.)
    Norak's Primal Journal:
    2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
    2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
    2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Quote Originally Posted by norak View Post
    I normally drink cod liver oil with lemon. It's much milder than the original version. (It comes bottled with added lemon taste, I don't eat lemons with it.)
    You're a good Norwegian. I'm so not. Was never able To take it. Capsules for me.

Capsules is the best! Never tried to drink it but I have understood its nasty. Why even drink it like that when theres capsules?=)

Quote Originally Posted by 888erkan888 View Post
    Capsules is the best! Never tried to drink it but I have understood its nasty. Why even drink it like that when theres capsules?=)
    Cod liver oil is much cheaper than buying Omega-3 capsules. Also, some people have trouble swallowing them.
    Norak's Primal Journal:
    2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
    2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
    2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Shop Now
    I just grab the bottle and take a decent gulp from it. But if you like there's cod liver oil capsules available.