Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weight Lifting page 3

Scotty is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklevin30 View Post
    dado is an asshole
    I was going to say he is not an asshole but just intentionally misunderstood, ie the fuckarounditis comment without the explanatory link, but maybe that is being an asshole

Anyway, sounds to me like you are not building in enough recovery time in your strength training. As someone else said, rest is critical to making gains.

jsa23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Anyway, sounds to me like you are not building in enough recovery time in your strength training. As someone else said, rest is critical to making gains.
    Agreed. If you're lifting hard and heavy, 5 days a week doesn't give enough recovery time. If 5 days a week is lets you recover enough, you're probably not lifting heavy enough.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    By the way, you posted in the "for athletes" section a thread titled "weight lifting" - so that's why people are criticizing your workout plan, and it sounded at first like that's what you were looking for anyhow. If you wanted diet advice only, your original thread is going to confuse folks who are just being helpful.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklevin30 View Post
    So no snacking, lots of meat and protein, and no carbs at all. Keeping a strict diet and working out a lot, rotating body parts not to overwork? Ive read the primal blueprint and the primal 101, my real question was HOW DO I adjust my diet to fit a 5 day work out. You guys are giving me 10 different opinions and not much help. Im sticking with the 5 day work out, with a coach telling me what to work out and how many reps its a well designed work out tfarny. Leave it alone. ALL I wanted to know is how to adjust my diet sinse I'm exerting energy working out and need something to recover with. What do I need to eat to get the desirable results of a six pack? Cut back nuts and dairy, stop snacking? I think I made myself clear. WHAT SHOULD my diet look like. and dont tell me to read the primal blueprint if I already read it. Just answere how i need to adjust my diet for a strenuous 5 day work out that isnt exactly spelled out in the primal blueprint.
    They are giving you pretty consistant- and good- advice. It's just not what you want to hear. You've done this for 3? years without the results you want. What's the definition of insanity again?

(I hear you about wanting to keep up your activity level- but maybe changing it would help?)

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    I second the fuckarounditis link. It helped me a lot. The biggest problem I see is training 5 days without rest in between. Just my opinion.

The Chris is offline Junior Member
    I walk about four hours a week, lift three times a week (about 1 hour each session), and go for a run every one or two weeks. This combined with a mostly-primal diet has me at about 11% bodyfat. I would make some suggestions, but you didn't give enough information about your diet, exercise regime, or goal.

debroby is offline Junior Member
    You didn't mention vegetables or fruit. To get really lean, you need to base your meals on veggies and add in meat to fill the plate. All the diet recommends is a small handful of nuts as a snack.

I don't understand this "station" system you do. As others have said, concentrate on the compound lifts, heavy sets, low reps. for strength. Body weight exercises for endurance and strength.

debroby is offline Junior Member
    Sorry but high weights/low reps promotes strength. (and often fat burning).
    Hypertrophy is promoted with medium weights, 8-12 rep schemes and normally a bodybuilding split.
    You should be getting about 50-100 grm. of carbs mainly from vegetables and fruit a day.

THAT promotes fat burning while sparing muscle loss.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    I read a lot of these types of posts.

How do people do weights 5 days a week?! I am not criticising . I am just amazed.

I do weights twice maybe three times a week but my body is battered for at least a day afterwards.

Maybe i am not eating enough?!
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post
    I read a lot of these types of posts.

How do people do weights 5 days a week?! I am not criticising . I am just amazed.

I do weights twice maybe three times a week but my body is battered for at least a day afterwards.

Maybe i am not eating enough?!
    No, you're just lifting heavy enough.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast