Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Lifting page 2

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    just remember your body builds muscle when you rest, not when you work out. if you are working out everyday, when is your body resting?
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    And if you're lifting heavy you'll need to rotate body parts so you'll have time to rest and you don't over train.

dado Guest
    it sounds like you have fuckarounditis

jacklevin30 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys. Ill just stick to the primal diet, and eat less nuts. I already do the barbell workouts like I said I have a pretty well balanced 5 day workout, Im not worried much about that anymore. What my real concern is tonning-six pack status. But Ill keep working out barbell low reps-heavy weigtht. This will promote hypertrophe - muscle mass work outs. I gues youre right tfarny, continuing this with a good diet will promote toning and definition. Thanks everybody for the advice! Keep posting anything else I can do, especially with my diet.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Actually, I didn't think your workout sounded very well-designed at all - Sorry if you thought I was telling you to keep it up! Anyhow you won't ever get a six pack in the gym, that only comes from not eating very much for a long time. The "Brad Pitt in Fight Club" body = intense dieting and some moderate arm and shoulder work.

Nuts and dairy products are the enemy of weight loss, and snacking should basically never happen for anyone trying to get a 6 pack.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

So no snacking, lots of meat and protein, and no carbs at all. Keeping a strict diet and working out a lot, rotating body parts not to overwork? Ive read the primal blueprint and the primal 101, my real question was HOW DO I adjust my diet to fit a 5 day work out. You guys are giving me 10 different opinions and not much help. Im sticking with the 5 day work out, with a coach telling me what to work out and how many reps its a well designed work out tfarny. Leave it alone. ALL I wanted to know is how to adjust my diet sinse I'm exerting energy working out and need something to recover with. What do I need to eat to get the desirable results of a six pack? Cut back nuts and dairy, stop snacking? I think I made myself clear. WHAT SHOULD my diet look like. and dont tell me to read the primal blueprint if I already read it. Just answere how i need to adjust my diet for a strenuous 5 day work out that isnt exactly spelled out in the primal blueprint.

Thanks tfarny and daemonized. You two have been the most helpful. dado is an asshole but Ill take your guys' advice.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Here is Martin Berkhan's take on getting serious vs messing around in the gym and what was referred to in the fuckarounditis comment. Like tfarny and and the rest of us have said though six pack abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. Gyms are for lifting heavy and building muscle not "toning" abs.

Fuckarounditis | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Crap my computer couldnt open your link daemonized. hmm ill try it later. Does it give me usefull information about adjusting my diet to a five day workout?

The Archevore - Archevore Blog link has been the most helpful. Thanks tfarny. I will now incorporate that diet to my five day work out session. Stop snacking, cut the dairy and carbs and eat three meals a day.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast