Thread: Wunderk8 Goes Primal page

wunderk8 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Wunderk8 Goes Primal

Primal Fuel
    Hello!!

Welcome to my Primal Journal. I'm new to the Paleo/Primal way of life and am going to use this space to stay on task.

Presently I'm doing a 90-day "Better Than Yesterday" fitness challenge w.my Crossfit box which is how I got introduced to the lifestyle. I was googling for recipes, found this site and have been reading up on the archives & lurking in the forums here and there for a few weeks now. The first 30 days we were adhering strictly to Whole9 Paleo & now we've tapered off to 80%/20%...but I can feel myself slipping to 25%...30%...etc and want to stay on task bc I can feel the difference when I am not as disciplined with what I eat. I really like the idea of being "better than yesterday" like the challenge states which is why I decided to start a Journal here to keep myself accountable.

Anywho....

Vital stats:
    Name - k8
    Age - 32
    Location - Best of the Midwest!
    Weight/Measurements/Body Fat % - I'll post on all of this when we do our 90 day wrap-up at Crossfit bc we have a few weeks left in our challenge. I don't keep a scale at home (will prob write a post on the "whys" on that sometime soon) and don't have any way to track my body fat % outside the gym.

What have I eaten today:

Breakfast - Smoothie w.egg protein, almond milk, cocoa powder, banana & a cup of black coffee
    Lunch - Salad w.romaine lettuce, steak, bell peppers, pico de gallo, hot sauce & guac
    Snack - Larabar
    Drinks - Water & a cup of chai tea
    Dinner - TBD

WOD:

Crossfit this morning. It was freakin' hard. Burpees, thrusters & a 1mi run. Full details here.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by wunderk8; 10-11-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: I kant spel

Update from last night:

Dinner - tuna w. Trader Joe's wasabi mayo (no sugar, woohoo...why is it so hard to find sugar-free condiments?)
    Drink - coconut water, cup of herbal tea

BTW I'm glad that I started this Journal yesterday bc one of my big challenges is that I travel 1-4 days/wk for my job. So sometimes my cupboards are more bare than they should be & I have to be creative in foraging. Today I have zero egg whites, produce or smoothie stuff in the house...wah wah. I could have given up and said "hola, Dunkin Donuts, may I please have a breakfast sandwich?" but I said NO. A trip to the grocery store is absolutely on my agenda for Thurs bc I'm in town today & then traveling Weds/Thurs for work.

What I have eaten so far today/what I plan to eat later on:

Breakfast - a single serving packet of Sunbutter & a cup of chai tea (not a latte, just a teabag)
    Lunch will be a salad bc my office has a salad bar that ROCKS
    Dinner will be....TBD?
    Drinks - water

Planned WOD:

Ride my bike on the lakefront & perform in the Chicago Full Moon Fire Jam. Fire tools are heavy things when they are filled w.fuel!

For an array of stupid reasons (magical lady moontimes, work stress, boy annoyances, general down-on-myselfness blahs, etc) I've totally fallen off the Primal wagon since I last posted. I can report: worse allergies, crappy sleep (o hai it's 4:30a & I am totally awake!), moodiness, skin breakouts & feeling generally puffy and bloated. Yuck

Resuming the "inconvenience" of cooking, foraging for healthy snacks rather than whatever is easy & making time for workouts pronto!

Rather than just leaving a "blah" post in this journal, I will say that Full Moon Jam last Tues was amazing, my ultimate frisbee team won both of its games on Saturday & my fire performance last wknd at Chicago Decompression was beautiful. Will post video once it becomes available!