Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: endometriosis? page 2

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Your Endometriosis is cured with iodine supplements.

Symptoms from SEVERE Iodine Deficiency
    * Migraine headaches (5,6) * Painful periods/heavy periods (5,6)
    * Pelvic pain (5,6) * PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) (5,6)
    * Endometriosis (5,6) * Fibroid Tumors (5,6)
    * Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) (5,6) * Breast pain (fibrocystic tissue) (5,6)
    * Cancers in female breasts & organs (5,6) * Lung Cancers (13)
    * Prostate problems including Cancer (7,8) * testicular cancer (7,8)
    * Thyroid Cancers * Erectile Dysfunction
    1) Iodine Deficiency | University of Michigan Health System
    (2) Thyroid Cyst Symptoms | eHow.com
    (3) Iodine Cures
    (4) Iodine Therapy
    (5) Iodine Deficiency and Estrogen Dominant Diseases - Jorge D. Flechas, MD - YouTube
    (6) Iodine for Health by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
    (7) Cancer and Iodine - The Iodine Project
    (8) Iodine Deficiency - An Under-Recognized Epidemic
    (9) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
    (10) Iodine and Hair Loss: Is There A Connection? | Natural Health & Organic Living Blog
    (11) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
    (12) Iodine deficiency symptoms and benefits | Foods containing Iodine | Overdose Symptoms
    (13) Dr. David Derry Answers Reader Questions -- Asthma and Thyroid Hormones

Please see this reference document on how to supplement with iodine to cure the above symptoms:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

Also join our Iodine Thread here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45205.html

Additional symptoms of iodine deficiency:
    Symptoms from Iodine Deficiency
    (typically the same as hypothyroidism - Link )
    * Aches and pains, vague (1) * Asthma (13)
    * Brittle Nails (12) * Candida(4)
    * Cholesterol levels increased (1) * Cysts of skin, breast & ovaries (9)
    * Cold intolerance (cold hands & feet) (1) * Concentration decreased [brain fog] (1)
    * Constipation (1) * Depression (1)
    * Diabetes (4) * Dry, coarse hair (1)
    * Dry skin (1) * Dry Mouth
    * Dry Eyes * Excessive sleepiness (1)
    * Fatigue (1) * Fibromyalgia (4)
    * Fluid Retention (4) * Graves’ Disease (4)
    * Hair Loss (10) * Headaches (11)
    * Heart rate slowing (1) * Hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Hashi’s (4, 9)
    * Immune system reduced function (4) * Insomnia (4)
    * Keloids (9) * Memory Poor (12)
    * Miscarriages & Low Baby IQ * Mental Retardation
    * Muscle Cramps, Pain (1,4) * Parotid duct stones.(12) * Puffiness around the eyes (1) * Stomach Problems
    * Sweating reduced or gone(1) * Swelling of the legs (edema) (1) * Temperature drop in body temp (1) * Thyroid cysts (Goiters) (2,3) * Weakness (12)
    * Weight gain (1)
    THERE ARE MUCH MORE - 181 Symptoms ! ! ! Consequences of Iodine Deficiency

PS) Your lupus is caused by toxins built up in your body. Taking iodine supplements will detox ALL of these toxins out of your body, but will take about 6 months or more. Follow the procedures in the above links.
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-07-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    oh man i really hope that's not common! I had a hysterectomy almost 4 yrs ago & quit eating grains 2 yrs ago. I have never felt better in my life! i hope i don't end up w/ bladder issues!

when i first considered the hysterectomy i was totally against it for many reasons, the "void" being one of them. But then another year of misery went by and the "void" wasn't even a consideration anymore. I had no life. I was a slave to a constantly hemorrhaging useless body part. Oh well, i better live it up before i have to get a bladder sling! jesus.
    Bladder issues are also eliminated with iodine supplements.
    Iodine supplements are a MIRACLE product especially for women, but also cures prostate problems in men. Supplements cured my prostate in only 2 months !

See above message,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
    Tiger lily, how has the treatment of endo been going? I was diagnosed with level 1 back in 1996. I did Danazol for 6 months...wish I knew then what I know now. After gaining weight, acne, no periods I was diagnosed with PCOS. Thankfully, I 've been primal for almost two years and I just had my hormones checked and everything is normal. Yeah! But there is pain returning....like the pain from endo.... I've been looking into today's treatments and I really don't want those drugs! I am almost to my goal weight....
    I just sent an email to the Dr. to see what the first step would be. I'm done having kids. I am feeling so done with my reproductive organs... I almost lean towards a hysterectomy....but that seems drastic for a 36.5 year old.
    DON'T DO A HYSTERECTOMY ! ! !
    Iodine supplements will cure ALL of your female issues. See the above links that I posted. You should also join the Yahoo Iodine Group.
    iodine : Iodine
    The vast majority of Americans are severely deficient in iodine, causing a Pandoras Box of disease, ESPECIALLY in women. Iodine is REQUIRED in every cell in our body, and most or required iodine has been swept away by the following toxins:

* Toxins in our food, water & environment force iodine out of our cells to make us deficient
    - - - Chemical halogens (similar to iodine ) = fluoride, bromine, bromides, and chlorine.
    - - - Pseudo-iodides such as perchlorate, nitrate and thiocyanate cyanate, & pertechnate.
    - - - Taking iodine supplements forces these toxins into the bloodstream (detox)
    - - - Too many toxins in the blood causes Detox Symptoms (temporary illness)
    - - - Special supplements are required to help the liver & kidneys detox

Follow procedures in the links I have provided above. Also tell all of your friends & family,
    Grizz

misspudding is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    Guess what? Not eating wheat completely alleviated my pain in about 6 weeks. So endometriosis? I doubt that was the issue at all. Soon it won't matter because I am now 50 so hopefully I will be free from Tom within a few years.
    Eliminating wheat eliminated mine and my sister's. We had incredibly painful (ER-worthy, such that when I was in labor with my son, I said, "Is this it? My periods are worse!") periods. She had kidney problems, and during some endoscopy work for that, they found uterine tissue in her intestines and some other places. Really nasty fibroids run in my family. So bad that my mom, who was still menstruating at 59 (can't outrun them sometimes, ladies...ugh), had a hysterectomy to get rid of the pain. Doctor did an ultrasound and didn't see very bad growths on the scan, but when he took her uterus out was shocked that they were everywhere (I guess sometimes that happens).

Mom refuses to eat healthy, sadly. My sister, on the other hand, has gone gluten free over the years. I've been religiously gluten free for 3 years and now I'm totally grain free, and my periods are barely a blip on the radar anymore. Major change from a few years ago. So much better now!
    Am I still allowed to lick rocks on this diet?

I was a vegetarian once. You should have seen my awful cholesterol back then...

5'8"
    SW 220 lbs / CW 200-ish lbs / GW 160 lbs

My paleo blog: http://meatbabe.wordpress.com

misspudding is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    If you can avoid a hysterectomy... it is my understanding that often (I don't know how often - so it is rumor and unsubstantiated) years after a hysterectomy that the bladder begins to fall into the space where the uterus used to be. And then a further surgery is required to support the bladder.
    Also, ladies (and men) please tell me you're all doing kegel exercises. That fixes a LOT of problems. Low back pain and prolapsed organs can all totally be prevented by kegels. I know this because I had to do physical therapy for low back issues.
    Am I still allowed to lick rocks on this diet?

I was a vegetarian once. You should have seen my awful cholesterol back then...

5'8"
    SW 220 lbs / CW 200-ish lbs / GW 160 lbs

My paleo blog: http://meatbabe.wordpress.com

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Grizz - I have a discount with Private MD Labs so I was thinking of an iodine test. Should I go with 24 hour urine, random urine or a blood test?

Thanks.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

lynn is offline Junior Member
    This mostly happens to women with complete hysterectomies: cervix, ovaries and uterus removed. With partial hysterectomy, prolapse is rare.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I just found out -- completely by accident, in the course of getting an MRI of my hip -- that I have endometriosis.

I know absolutely nothing about this. WTF is it? Is it something akin to PCOS? Is it hormonally driven? My periods are and have always been like clockwork and are very easy and short-lasting. I was out of whack hormonally when I first became Primal, but I thought I'd rectified all that by now.

Does anybody here have endometriosis (or know someone who has healed it)? I don't even know what type of healthcare practitioner to see to fix this up via natural means.

Is this something that can be healed via nutrition and exercise? Would fasting benefit?

What happens if I just let it be, as is? (It's early stage at this point.) I'm not having symptoms whatsoever. Am I in store for big, big problems further on down the line?

I will have to, as Stabby says, read until my eyes bleed. But I'd also like some wisdom from the tribe.
    My wife has it...she needs to get it removed with surgery.

How has your natural treatment route been going?

I was diagnosed via laparoscopy 2 years ago, when I was 19. I'm actually waiting for another laparoscopy. My original surgeon (gyno) wanted to put me on BC or Lupron. I tried BC and I bled for a month straight (kinda defeated the purpose). I refused Lupron due to the potential side effects (short term memory loss and bone density loss didnt seem like an even trade). I tried to go the natural route using acupuncture, which did help a lot, but it got pretty expensive after a while. After that, I switched gyno's. The one I have now is a godsend.

Im one of the unlucky ones who is in extreme pain. I also seem to have some kind of imbalance where my body becomes immune to pain killers abnormally fast. I have been put on every kind of pain killer all of my docs can think of. The last resort they have given me is Cesamet (med marijuana, which I was very annoyed about). In the meantime, I was having some major bowel and bladder issues, and my pain was so bad that I could barely stand or sit for more than 30 minutes at a time. He suggested I follow the endo diet at endo-resolved. Since it was so extreme, I decided to start going gluten free. Within a few weeks, my pains had gone down. They still were brutal, but not to the same degree. Searching for gluten free websites, I stumbled onto MDA. I read it for months, realizing how much sense it made.

Ironically, I saw my doc again about 6 weeks ago. He suggested that most chronic pain disorders like endo are diet related. He told me I should try paleo since it has helped a lot of his other patients. I figured that now would be the perfect time to go primal. I've done it for 6 weeks now, and although I've had a few binges (at other peoples houses when I didn't have many food options), I have gone from trying to use pain meds daily, to not using any at all. I've found that exercising definitely helps too. Yoga and swimming are great for low impact things. A hot bath, or a hot water bottle are my newest best friends too for pain.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleyisbister View Post
    How has your natural treatment route been going?

I was diagnosed via laparoscopy 2 years ago, when I was 19. I'm actually waiting for another laparoscopy. My original surgeon (gyno) wanted to put me on BC or Lupron. I tried BC and I bled for a month straight (kinda defeated the purpose). I refused Lupron due to the potential side effects (short term memory loss and bone density loss didnt seem like an even trade). I tried to go the natural route using acupuncture, which did help a lot, but it got pretty expensive after a while. After that, I switched gyno's. The one I have now is a godsend.

Im one of the unlucky ones who is in extreme pain. I also seem to have some kind of imbalance where my body becomes immune to pain killers abnormally fast. I have been put on every kind of pain killer all of my docs can think of. The last resort they have given me is Cesamet (med marijuana, which I was very annoyed about). In the meantime, I was having some major bowel and bladder issues, and my pain was so bad that I could barely stand or sit for more than 30 minutes at a time. He suggested I follow the endo diet at endo-resolved. Since it was so extreme, I decided to start going gluten free. Within a few weeks, my pains had gone down. They still were brutal, but not to the same degree. Searching for gluten free websites, I stumbled onto MDA. I read it for months, realizing how much sense it made.

Ironically, I saw my doc again about 6 weeks ago. He suggested that most chronic pain disorders like endo are diet related. He told me I should try paleo since it has helped a lot of his other patients. I figured that now would be the perfect time to go primal. I've done it for 6 weeks now, and although I've had a few binges (at other peoples houses when I didn't have many food options), I have gone from trying to use pain meds daily, to not using any at all. I've found that exercising definitely helps too. Yoga and swimming are great for low impact things. A hot bath, or a hot water bottle are my newest best friends too for pain.
    Thats terrific! I'm sure that you will only continue to get healthier with time. Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast