Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belly fat in women. page

Diana3249 is offline Junior Member

Talking Belly fat in women.

Primal Fuel
    I have always had belly fat. Even as a teenager. However as I got older the fat got bigger. I have been dieting and exercising for 5 months and although I have lost 20 pounds, there still is belly fat. I have heard the term wheat belly, but since I am Celiac and have been gluten free for 15 years, I can't go with that. I have been doing Primal at about 80 - 90% for about 2 weeks. What can I do to get rid of the fat? I'm hoping that other women who have been eating primal and perhaps started with this problem can help. Thank!

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what to tell you other than, embrace it. I think women just have it. I had it when I was 100 pounds and 20. Of course, now, I have WAY more of it.
    Woman, Artist, Wife, Visionary, Mother, Gardener, Daughter, Tea-drinker, Friend, Believer.

Yvonne PHX Guest

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member
    How do you get rid of cortisol? I'm pretty sure I have too much; I'm keyed up all the time.
    Woman, Artist, Wife, Visionary, Mother, Gardener, Daughter, Tea-drinker, Friend, Believer.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    Yes, this and higher than average testosterone levels in women.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unshod Sarah View Post
    How do you get rid of cortisol? I'm pretty sure I have too much; I'm keyed up all the time.
    You get rid of cortisol by getting rid of stress. It helps me to stay away from caffeine and get a lot of good quality sleep. I was also prone to anxiety and had to learn how to think correctly.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    You get rid of cortisol by getting rid of stress. It helps me to stay away from caffeine and get a lot of good quality sleep. I was also prone to anxiety and had to learn how to think correctly.
    Don't forget that too much exercise or exercise that is too taxing can also be stress.

Diana3249 is offline Junior Member
    I'm pretty stress free and stay away from sugar. I guess what I want to know is if going Primal will help dissolve this fat. I may have had it a long while, but sorry I don't embrace it and I want it gone!

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    I've always carried my excess weight in my upper body, particularly the abdomen. Despite following the Zone plan for 10+ years, and then after that, paleo for 1+ years, I could never get rid of this excess abdominal fat.

Then, back in February, I read Mark's article about intermittent fasting (IF), and a light bulb went off for me. I had been eating 3 meals per day, and sometimes even a couple of snacks, not because I was really hungry, but because I had bought into the CW that if you don't eat every few hours, your metabolism will slow down. I can say unequivocally that that claim is nonsense! From my very first skipped meal once I started IFing, I could feel my abdominal fat 'burning' and melting away. It's been ~8 months of regular IFing for me now, and my midsection is significantly decreased in size. I'm nowhere near where I want to ultimately be, but I'm getting there, and it's been a great pleasure to finally have some control over getting rid of this fat in a predictable and controlled way.

Here are a few informative IF links from MDA:

The Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

How To: Intermittent Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

Is Intermittent Fasting Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple
    Last edited by healthseekerKate; 10-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.

daniellad is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am the same! i've had a bloated and fat tummy ever since i was a child. "its puppy fat" my parents always said...but it never went. now im considered 'underweight' by my doctor and still its there. I was tested for food allergies/intolerances but tests came back negative. I've given up all grains and IF sometime but its not shifting as fast as i'd like. I honestly look 5 months preganant. anyone have any advice? I'm 80% primal, drink heaps of water, exercise everyday, sleep ok, not great. only vices are coffee, tea and occasional chocolate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast