Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belly fat in women. page 2

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I definitely think that anyone with a bellyfat issue that isn't relieved by ditching grains should consider adrenal issues. Excessive caffeine, stress, booze, lack of sleep = belly fat. At 47, I'm finding some good belly shrinkage 4 weeks in to a more primal path. Hoping to lose the rest soon! I had adrenal fatigue and have worked on it for the last year. Happy to write more when I don't have a sleeping child in my lap!
    Last edited by TornadoGirl; 03-07-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoGirl View Post
    I definitely think that anyone with a bellyfat issue that isn't relieved by ditching grains should consider adrenal issues. Excessive caffeine, stress, booze, lack of sleep = belly fat. At 47, I'm finding some good belly shrinkage 4 weeks in to a more primal path. Hoping to lose the rest soon! I had adrenal fatigue and have worked on it for the last year. Happy to write more when I don't have a sleeping child in my lap!
    Please share more! I think I have adrenal fatigue. I saw a natruopath over a year ago and that is what she told me... she gave me a TON of supplements but nothing has changed and I've long since finished taking them. I really don't know what a person is supposed to do to treat adrenal fatigue and every time I look at Stop the Thyroid Madness I'm just so overwhelmed that I don't do anything.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I'd like to hear more too. I sleep well, only have one cup of black tea a day,occasionally have one glass of wine with dinner and do not lead a stressful life. I've also been eating primally for 3 yrs and still have belly fat. I'm thin every where else. I'm 52 and probably have low thyroid.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest there is a difference between abdominal bloat and belly fat, though certainly a person can have both at the same time. If I were drinking fresh milk I would have abdominal bloat. Since I don't, I can pinch up belly fat beneath the surface of my skin and feel the abdominal wall beneath.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Its hard to tell from the OPs question just how much fat we're talking about. Is it the natural and healthy female shape? Is it truly 'excess' fat? Or is it just hyper focusing on a perceived body flaw? So many questions lately about getting rid of belly fat and seeking 'bikini abs'...

If a person has reached their ideal size and shape, and there's one stubborn pocket of imperfection that's making them lose sleep and hate themselves, then how about some lipo?

Or maybe, stop making it a goal to look good naked, and instead look fantastic with clothes on. This is how almost everybody sees you 99% of the time.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Again sleeping child in my lap! This is a good thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread22925.html
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

spincycle is offline Senior Member
    How old are you? I'm a 48 y.o. female who has had belly fat since I was a teenager, after having children I always looked 4 months pregnant even though the rest of my body was fairly lean. Last year I discovered LeanGains, basically a program of intermittent fasting (I have a daily 7 hr. feeding window), and lifting heavy weights. Belly fat is almost gone for the first time in decades. I love weight lifting and IF. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me, I used to be a cardio bunny and even running 2 marathons didn't budge the belly fat.

Fantazmic is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone

Something I have found has really helped me both with bloat and with shifting belly fat has been taking probiotics. I have just run out..missed a day and I am bloated. I folow Paleo virtually 90% of the time and this has helped with the actual fat.....but the probiotics really take the swelling down.

Hope this helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12