Thread: Primal Journal - CatPrimal page

CatPrimal is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal - CatPrimal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here I go with my journal!

I have been eating (mostly) primally since Labor Day weekend. I stumbled on an interview with Mark on the radio, did a little research, bought the book on my Kindle and here I am.

I have been a Weight Watcher member for years and years. I would be 'perfect' and lose maybe half a pound, only to gain in back the next week with a small indulgence. It got really, really old. I crave sugar and grains, and tolerated WW because it allowed me to have those things. But the more I ate, the more I wanted...

So I've totally changed my habits. I'm eating red meat again, cut out pasta, and no more desserts (well, I do have dark chocolate - my 20%!). Weight loss has not been great: In four weeks I lost, lost, stayed the same, then gained. Hmmm...keeping my head up and not getting discouraged. My goal is to be as healthy as I can be, as fit as I can be, and get rid of my belly.

I'm 5'3":

Starting weight: 148
    Current: 145
    Goal: I'm so screwed up I don't know what's natural for me. Will wait and see.

Today:

Workout: 20 minutes weights, 20 minutes treadmill

B: latte, full fat yogurt with fruit and almonds
    L: sandwich fillings and fruit (not optimal, I got a free boxed lunch - proud I didn't touch bread, chips, or cookie - I still struggle)
    D: veggies and meat, red wine, square of dark chocolate

I don't like eggs. I really, really don't. I'm getting better and more adventurous about meat, but eggs I can't do.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    I did WeightWatchers for 3 months and lost 8lb... and broke my metabolism. I've been struggling to recover ever since. Glad to see you found PB!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

(thanks, Ottercat!)

Today:

Workout: 20 minutes of sprints

B: skipped
    L: pumkin seeds, jerky, turkey rollouts with some cheese and bell pepper strips
    D: shrimp with veggies, and of course, wine and dark chocolate

Perhaps I should go easy on the chocolate.

I have not weighed since Saturday. I'm chicken. Unfortunately, I live and die by the scale results. I can feel terriifc, but see that I haven't lost or, in the case of last week, gained, and I get all down. Boo.

Today I attended a training class with all manner of tempting breakfast treat. Big, fat, gooey muffins and cinnamon rolls. When will these things lose their appeal?

Autumnrose is offline Member
    I know all about the scale being able to make or break your day, good idea keep off of it.

The scale is hidden - thanks to my DH! Feels unsettling though. How am I supposed to know how to feel without that measure?

I had a terribly indulgent weekend. Big dinner out, with dessert, then WAY overboard last night. Feel horrible. I need to learn from my mistakes and not spiral into further misery!

I had yummy steak on Saturday night though. Really good! So many doors opening.

October 25
    Still haven't weighed - I swear my pants are looser though!
    WO: weights and easy cardio at the gym

B: yogurt with fruit and almonds
    L: jerky and soup
    D: chicken with butternut squash
    S: pumpkin seeds