Thread: New to Primal page

klh39v is offline Junior Member

New to Primal

Hi there,
    I am new to primal. I was doing GAPS diet and found that I had put on some weight... we moved and had a bunch of life stressors... I am trying to incorporate this diet into my lifestyle for improved health reasons. I am really having a hard time getting thru the day w/out cheating... then I feel like I have to start all over again. I am really hungry during the day.. I have scrambled eggs in coconut oil w/ some spinach for breakfast w/ some decaf coffee and cream. snacks, small piece of whole fat cheese made from raw milk. nuts ( walnuts, almonds ), some home made jerky, lunch: salad w/ chicken and vinegar. dinner meat and veggies. What can I do to make it thru the night.. I get really hungry also at night and want to "binge on carbs"
    Any suggestions??
    Thanks much
    I felt good on GAPs, but it is too much work.. w/ my lifestyle- I am a nurse and
    Kim P

GrokinUK is offline Junior Member
    wow..i used to feel hungry on all other diets but not Primal. i find that a snack before bed of seeds/nuts or cucumber and cheese gets me through the night just fine. i use to eat tons as I just had a baby a few months ago and my portions were still large, even with smaller portions I am actually finding that I get no hunger pains. just beware of watching TV. I find that if I watch TV I get hungry but it's like smoking..you just need something to do with your hands. I now have celery and carrot sticks on hand for the TV munchies. good luck!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Kim! Welcome!

I would say to try more saturated fat. If that doesn't work, starchy vegetables, including, gasp, potatoes. Primal is great but sometimes it isn't enough emotionally. I'm sure many people in this forum don't know what that means. More
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.