Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel like chicken is such a waste of money page

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

I feel like chicken is such a waste of money

Primal Fuel
    I get none of the satisfaction eating a piece of chicken like I do eating duck, beef, lamb, fish, etc. It doesn't even have as much nutrition either. Should I just scrap it from my diet? I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything important from it lol

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    You're probably just chicken deficient.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I grew to hate chicken a month or two after going primal. There is no need to eat it. It has resurrected itself lately though in the form of chicken stock and chicken soup which I am eating regularly now.

But you absolutely don't need it.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    It's high in O6s. If you can live without it, scrap it, I say!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Hrrmm.

Troof.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Even organic, free range chicken? But glad to know I can get rid of it!! =) Canned salmon is SO much cheaper than organic free range chicken breasts lol!

jay_fm is offline Member
    I used to love chicken breasts and eat them regularly and seems I have also lost my taste for them. I do buy whole organic chickens and make stock with it after after using the meat for a meal. I buy a pack of chicken feet to throw in with the carcass. Love the stock and the sauces we make with it. Makes the chicken breasts pretty tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by jay_fm View Post
    I used to love chicken breasts and eat them regularly and seems I have also lost my taste for them. I do buy whole organic chickens and make stock with it after after using the meat for a meal. I buy a pack of chicken feet to throw in with the carcass. Love the stock and the sauces we make with it. Makes the chicken breasts pretty tasty!
    Even when I was eating low fat-high carb, I hated chicken breasts as protein. Always so dry. Happy to know that I can fully ditch them now though! Although I have to try your stock idea in case I ever cave in and buy a rotisserie chicken and don't know what to do with the breasts XD

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Chicken is the bottom rung of meats IMO. And to think, chicken breast used to be my favorite. It's usually dry and tasteless unless you really do it right...and half the chicken breast sold in stores are "pumped up" with salt solution and "flavors" - whatever that means. Thankfully, my Shop Rite sells "minimally processed" chicken breast for $1.99/lb frequently. You have to read because the crap at Superfresh is loaded with additives!

There's always the exception, though. Thinly sliced chicken breast marinated in Thai chili paste, tamari, lemon juice, minced garlic, ginger, hot chili powder, paprika and black pepper. Fry that up in a little olive oil and you have something magical, especially with a side of bananas, sweet potatoes and green cabbage fried in half coconut oil/half bacon grease. Whoa. Epic mealtime.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Well, if you like the idea of chicken, you can always search out farmers with different breeds. I was always kind of ambivalent about chicken until I found some from a local farm - I dunno what breed they are (well, I did ask, and I've since forgotten) but they forage and are fed a custom, made-on-the-farm feed and OMG they are sooooo good. OTOH, there's no law that says you have to eat chicken. If it doesn't turn your crank, don't eat it!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast