Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I heard somewhere that melons should be eaten only by themselves. Why? page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

I heard somewhere that melons should be eaten only by themselves. Why?

Primal Fuel
    Is there some unholy reason why melons are so superior they must be eaten on their own?

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Sounds like raw foods doodooheaded "food combining" BOOLSHEEP to moi.

jay_fm is offline Member
    ^^
    yeah, that. I read some raw food books before going primal and all of the food combing stuff sounded a little wacky to me. I am pretty sure they said to eat melon separately at least 30 minutes before any other foods.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I ate half a watermelon Saturday night. Literally, half an entire watermelon. I ate a burger with it. I felt fine and I'm still standing
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmm, cantelope and prosciutto... I'm so going shopping.

kap
    kap is offline Member
    Don't forget the Greek favorite: Watermelon with feta cheese. Sweet and juicy with a sour/tangy counterpoint.

I make a watermelon salad with feta, sweet onion, fresh mint, and a basic vinegrette that is to die for! Only way I like watermelon.

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member
    Oooooo... want a melon.... thanks a lot.
    Woman, Artist, Wife, Visionary, Mother, Gardener, Daughter, Tea-drinker, Friend, Believer.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    If I remember correctly, the logic is that melon does not actually need to be digested by the stomach, and passes directly into the intestines for nutrient absorption, and the faster that happens, the more nutrients you get because they are diminished by the stomach acids if they are sitting in there with other food. I tried to follow the food-comnbining rules for a while, but it was a real pain and didn't seem to reap any noticeable results.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    If I remember correctly, the logic is that melon does not actually need to be digested by the stomach, and passes directly into the intestines for nutrient absorption, and the faster that happens, the more nutrients you get because they are diminished by the stomach acids if they are sitting in there with other food. I tried to follow the food-comnbining rules for a while, but it was a real pain and didn't seem to reap any noticeable results.
    Ummm, must be that they're using a different definition of logic that I'm used to...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast