Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo Way of Life - blondiegreen page

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member

Smile Paleo Way of Life - blondiegreen

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If I write it down, I feel more accountable, so here we go!

Stats:
    Name: Erin
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 164ish
    Goal Weight: 140
    Ultimate Goal #1: Wear a bikini (never worn one before!)
    Ultimate Goal #2: To NOT have a breast reduction (was referred to the surgeon a few months ago)

I've been dabbling in paleo eating for a few weeks now, and already have lost 3 or 4 lbs. Yay me! For now, I will just change my eating, and then gradually add in some exercise. Too many drastic changes at once is not a good thing for me.

So, I'm going to go for it. Write down what I eat. If I see it "on paper" then it makes it that much more real (and damning sometimes!). I think I will still eat a bit of dairy now and wean myself off it in the future.
    I will start tomorrow, Oct 10/11, which coincidentally is Thanksgiving Day here in Canada. Let's hope I can resist the pumpkin pie!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Erin. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Well it's been a year and a half since I wrote that intro, and boy, have things changed! Had baby #3 in Nov '12, and she is now 7mos and its time to lose the baby belly. I still look 5 mos pregnant!

Current Weight: 158
    Goal: 140
    Still want to wear a bikini and not have to have a breast reduction.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

moonpie is offline Junior Member
    Congrats on the baby. Now stop dabbling and get to work

Feeling sad today. My 6 yr old's friend died on Fri in a farming accident. She was 8. The funeral is on Wed and DD wants to draw a picture for the family.

Haven't done too bad with eating lately, though I need to reign in the sugar a bit.
    Will start posting tomorrow.
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

And of course this morning, I grabbed a handful of dry cereal without even thinking. Ugh.

B: coffee with cream and cinnamon, dry cereal, blueberries and grapes
    34yrs old, 5'5"

Yesterday we were at the Hutterite colony to sell them soap nuts, but they loaded us up with tons of veggies! Broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, green onions, cucumber, tomato. Will definitely be feasting tonight!
    Also bought a 3.5lb roasting chicken for $15. I sure hope it's good! I was asking about buying a side of beef and how it's fed, but it is hay, silage and grain.
    Not sure if their chickens are caged or allowed to roam or what they eat, as I didn't have enough time to ask. Will check it later.
    Last edited by blondiegreen; 07-23-2013 at 06:04 AM.
    34yrs old, 5'5"

B: veggie frittata, blueberries, coffee
    Mmm my belly is happy and full!
    34yrs old, 5'5"

Frig, life has been crazy and eating has been not so good. Too many burgers and hot dogs and bread.
    Our hot water tank conked on Mon morning and its still not fixed. DH installed the part but turned off the gas to go do, but now the gas is off. Phoned the energy company and they might come tomorrow to turn it back on for a $68 fee. Jeez. Hopefully I can shower tomorrow!
    Anyhow, back on board tomorrow. I really need to just focus one day at a time otherwise it seems too overwhelming.
    I ran out of eggs so I'm not sure what to eat for breakfast. Maybe leftover steak and lettuce wraps?
    I need to tell myself that I can do this. I know that I feel like crap when I eat sugar and gluten especially, so why do i still do it?
    34yrs old, 5'5"

randomcapitals is offline Senior Member
    I know that I feel like crap when I eat sugar and gluten especially, so why do i still do it?
    If you ever find out can you let me know?

Hope you get your hot water back soon. Everything seems better after a good hot shower or bath.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast