Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Primal Thanksgiving! what are the other Canadians on here doing? page

TDRunning is offline Junior Member

First Primal Thanksgiving! what are the other Canadians on here doing?

Primal Fuel
    Hey Everyone! I have been a long time lurker and this is my first post! I'm excited as today is my first Primal thanksgiving dinner!

I'm doing a roast chicken (no need for a huge turkey for just me and my daughter) that I snagged the recipe for from Everyday Paleo, tons of roast veggies in the pan and an apple cobbler with an almond meal crust.

What are the other cannucks making this weekend?

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Happy Thanksgiving! I made a primal pumpkin pie, I'm a little nervous about it so we'll see...I also made cranberry sauce from scratch, it's primal and my hubby is making the turkey with no stuffing. Looking forward to it!

khmervyn is offline Junior Member
    Happy Thanksgiving! We are having turkey, brussel sprouts, homemade cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, paleo stuffing from everyday paleo & paleo pumpkin pie from everyday paleo I am nervous about the stuffing Have a wonderful long weekend!

dkd2001 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Thanksgiving! We spend our summers on Vancouver Island, so I've enjoyed a few Canadian Thanksgivings as well. It makes for a great year -- Thanksgiving in October and again in November here in the States. I may have to go turkey shopping soon.

Don't forget to keep the carcass for broth. Yum.
    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Living alone, I don't give a darn about most holidays ("family time" was not fun for me past age 10). Since I am in the USA for the year, I am forgetting Canadian Thanksgiving and going along with American Thanksgiving so I can get fed But I will be celebrating with Chinese friends so the food will probably be way better than some dumb old dry bird.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Living alone, I don't give a darn about most holidays ("family time" was not fun for me past age 10). Since I am in the USA for the year, I am forgetting Canadian Thanksgiving and going along with American Thanksgiving so I can get fed But I will be celebrating with Chinese friends so the food will probably be way better than some dumb old dry bird.
    If the bird is dry you cooked it wrong.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    If the bird is dry you cooked it wrong.
    OMG, Alex, I love the Bread vs Bred line in your siggie!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    We had a turkey with a rice stuffing, mashed carrots and parsnips, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and a paleo pumpkin pie. A bit carb-heavy perhaps, but we're not VLC here, and tradition was important for us too.

Now I have leftover turkey to make a stew and the bones for broth.

And Grumpy, I have to agree with Alex, if the turkey is dry, someone did it wrong (usually overcooking or having the oven too hot, or a failure to use fat and baste the bird). Not that turkey is essential--we've celebrated by eating many other dead animal bits over the years.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    We had a turkey with a rice stuffing, mashed carrots and parsnips, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and a paleo pumpkin pie. A bit carb-heavy perhaps, but we're not VLC here, and tradition was important for us too.

Now I have leftover turkey to make a stew and the bones for broth.

And Grumpy, I have to agree with Alex, if the turkey is dry, someone did it wrong (usually overcooking or having the oven too hot, or a failure to use fat and baste the bird). Not that turkey is essential--we've celebrated by eating many other dead animal bits over the years.
    What is Paleo Pumpkin Pie? We did an apple crumble but I have to say it wasn't a huge success. Thank Goodness the bird was delish!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast