Thread: What supplements do you take? page 2

Annika is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

3000 IU vit D

Cal/Mag/Zinc

vit C

fish oil

multivitamin

glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM (just started this)

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

fbw, you chew your vitamin d gels? why? what do they taste like?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

wug
    wug is offline Junior Member

I just take a 1000IU fish oil capsule whenever I remember, with my meal... usually about twice a day.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Well, on a day I remember evrything...

Multivitamin

B-Complex

Adrenal Support

2g Fish Oil or 2t cod liver oil

Calcium

K2

8K IU Vitamin D3

L-theanine for sleep

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

fbw
    fbw is offline Junior Member

i chew my vitamin d gels (solar d gems) because unfortunately you don't get very good absorption just swallowing them. i noticed the difference right away when i started chewing them up. my SAD disappeared overnight whereas i'd struggled with it in prior years. i really wasn't getting all the vitamin d before. which is too bad, i'd been taking vitamin d for years. my sleep is also way more stable and consistent.

my husband found out about the malabsorption issue with vitamin d on possibly here, but certainly a paleo/primal site and suggested i move to chewing my gels and see if there was a difference. i will ask him about it tmw and see if he remembers where he saw the info.

and i take 20,000 IU of vitamin d because i live in the PacNW and am dark-skinned.

Actually, the truth is, there isn't really much difference between these protein supplements sold in the market. Like other bodybuilding supplement purchases, purchasing protein, should be carefully guided by the proper selection of quality and reputable manufacturers first and price as the second consideration.

Without getting over-involved with the so many specific methods and processes, there are two basic types of protein supplements: Isolates and Concentrates.

Isolates are considered to have the highest BV of whey protein. With more than 150 BV value, isolates whey protein supplements represent the peak of protein efficiency.

They are very good to be taken in the morning when the protein levels have been depleted from sleeping the whole night.

These protein supplements may also be taken both in pre- and post workout and training nutrition.

Tarlach is offline Member

Zero supplements.

I'm yet to hear any good reason to take anything.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

gazb is offline Junior Member

@markpollo: I find that SPAM's a good source of protein.

I'm currently taking 1000-4000mg fish oil (depending on rough omega 6 intake) and 10000 iu vit D. Been hearing good things about magnesium so might try some of that too.

low carb protein bars are the best supplements for taking daily for dieting.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

*SPAM*

Mark?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast