Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 63 Year Old Prostate Cancer Fighter - In search of a better way page

sonny3 is offline Junior Member

63 Year Old Prostate Cancer Fighter - In search of a better way

Primal Fuel
    Hello to all,

I am a newbie and just registered today. Just got my copy of the PB Book and PB Cookbook. I was referred to the PB lifestyle by another Prostate Cancer fighter like myself.

At 63 I am in fairly good shape, 6'1", 184lbs, but sadly BMI 22. Like most men my age I could stand to lose a few pounds or fat and gain some pounds of muscle. The guy who referred me to PB says that he is in the best shape of his life, has more energy and enjoys life like never before.

I have been fighting Prostate Cancer now for 2+ years. I have had surgery and radiation therapy. But I have an aggressive strain that just does not want to go away.

Changing my lifestyle is not just because of my last two years, but because of the years that I hope I have to come. If my cancer continues to be stubborn and grow, my only option left is to begin hormone therapy. Without getting technical, the side effects are Quality of Life affecting.

For men this means weight gain around the middle, loss of muscle mass, decreased bone density, fatigue and well, you get the picture.

Researching The PB Lifestyle seems like it would certainly help me as I move into this world of changes. Sadly, I may have found it too late to have really helped me stay a healthy person.

However, at 63 I am committed to become as healthy as I can, to be in the best shape of my life to date and enjoy a greater level of QoL.

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I plan to be a regular visitor and pick the brains of those that have already walked this journey into PB that I am just beginning.

Thanks,

Sonny

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sonny,

Welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer fight. I don't have cancer, but I have used the PB to keep my mother healthier for her battle with ovarian cancer. Research says that cancer cells feed on sugar and things that easily convert to it. It can only help.

I myself almost died a year ago at age 43 of Pulmonary Emboli. The clots formed in my legs, in veins damaged by years of inflammation; moved through my heart and lodged in my lungs. I was lucky; 35% of people don't survive their first incident. PB is a huge part of my "stay alive" plan.

I wish you luck. Please post often and feel free to ask questions as they come up.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Uppy is offline Member
    Sending good vibes your way, Sonny. You've got an army of Groks behind you!

Jujube is offline Junior Member
    Hi Sonny. I'm new to PB also. A little over 2 weeks and I'm feeling better and better every day. I'm so sorry to hear about your battle with cancer. I want to recommend a book called "The One Minute Cure, The Secret To Healing all Diseases by Madison Cavanaugh. It's not a diet so you can eat primal, it's hydrogen peroxide therapy (food grade). It's controversial but what have you got to lose by trying it? It's very cheap too. I have used it myself for years in small amounts and I have stayed healthy at 53 other than a few problems that I'm sure now have been diet related (grains, dairy & sugar). Go to Amazon and read the reviews, several people mention cancer. I myself would try anything (natural) if I had cancer.

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    Hubby is new to Primal, and although he's not had cancer, he just had a heart attack. He has also decided to make the BEST of the rest.

He's 67, fit, trim, and healthy - we thought! We're hoping that Primal living makes a difference.

Glad to have you as part of the group!

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone! I'm a 32yr old female, just trying to lose weight and feel great. My goal is to look hot in a bikini. I've never worn one, but I think my hubby would be ecstatic if he saw me modelling one!
    I started dabbling in the primal way of eating about two weeks ago. I do cheat often (sorry!), but overall I feel much better. Most days the scale says I'm about 5lbs lighter!
    I've gotta work on not cheating. Help!

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sonny and welcome! I have a friend who is fighting aggressive prostate cancer year six. He just got back from a round of aggressive chemo at the number one cancer hospital - MD Anderson in Houston. He was not given chemo until now (metastasized) and his new doc at Anderson questions that.

I know that this is unsolicited advice, but if I were you I would make sure to get sunshine every day - something you have no problem with in Florida. Take Vitamin D3. Drink bone broth - here's a video and recipe. If your doc is not among the top in treating prostate cancer, try to see one who is. Ask about aggressive chemo treatment. Push those doctors and ask them lots of questions.

I'm glad you found this site and the Primal lifestyle!
    Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

Aili is offline Senior Member
    @ Blondiegreen You in a bikini doesn't really fit in the conversation

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Sonny,
    Energy and the best wishes coming your way!

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sonny,good luck and best wishes from all in the U.K.

I believe supplementing with Vit D (cholecalciferol) is a major boost for the immune system.
    Living Primal and taking note of the myriad of good advice on MDA will help you with your fight.
    All the very best to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast