Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 63 Year Old Prostate Cancer Fighter - In search of a better way page 2

sonny3 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I appreciate you taking the time to make me feel welcomed. Thank you also for the tidbits of good information.

I am looking forward to beginning a new way of living and enjoying life as a healthier individual. It will be kind of nice to lose some of my fat percentage and be able to look and feel more fit. Even at 63 it would be nice to feel comfortable taking off my shirt at the beaches here in Florida.

I am also excited about the prospect that taking my body to higher level of fitness by living the PB lifestyle, it may make a difference in my cancer numbers. There are many articles written that support this possibility, so I guess for the time being I am a clinical trial of 1.

I plan to keep a very detailed recording of my journey. Who knows I may discover something that helps someone else that begins this journey with cancer.

Thank you all,

Sonny3

dkd2001 is offline Senior Member
    Sonny3 -- welcome to the lifestyle. There's more to the diet that's good for someone with cancer -- by restricting sugar, your cancer cells (which prefer sugar) have a harder time surviving. Plus all the good fats will, within a few months, be replacing the bad fats in your cell membranes. It is whole body fitness, from the cell up.

You might also check out Jack Krause's blog (jackkrause.com I believe) -- he has a lot of detailed biochemical explanations for how the diet helps.

Good luck with your fight and your plans to get and stay fit.
    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

sonny3 is offline Junior Member
    dkd, thank you for the welcome. Yes I have done a lot of research on the effect of sugar and cancer and I know what you are talking about.

BTW, my wife was watching Dr. Oz the other day and I saw a discussion about Coconut Palm Sugar. Doing a little research I found that it has a GI of 35 (half that of sugar), 15 calories per teaspoon, and 4g carbs.

Has this been discussed here before?

Sonny3

Grizz is offline Banned
    Here is the amazing fix for all prostate problems! Also prevents prostate cancers.

A very simple & inexpensive iodine supplement does it all !
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post698656

Ladies, Iodine works its miracles on female organs, too!

Grizz

huntingBears is offline Senior Member
    here is an article you might find interesting

best of wishes

'the Warburg effect: If most aggressive cancers rely on the fermentation of sugar for growing and dividing, then take away the sugar and they should stop spreading'
    'for five patients who were able to endure three months of carb-free eating, the results were positive: the patients stayed alive, their physical condition stabilized or improved and their tumors slowed or stopped growing, or shrunk'

Can a High-Fat Diet Beat Cancer? - TIME

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Sonny --

Welcome aboard. Some good advice here as I read through the thread. I'll add it my way just to give you lots of input to think about. First, nix all grains, all starchy vegetables, all sugars (even fruit). Cancer wants sugar. Cancer should not get it. Not even coconut palm sugar. It's still sugar. Then, I'd say, eat all the non-starchy vegetables you want (greens like kale especially) and all the grass-fed meats and omega three eggs and coconut oil and coconut milk you want. Most bacon has sugar too, so that's tricky. Omega 3 supplements are good. Wild caught salmon and mackerel, if you like fish. Grass fed chicken. I'd say no alcohol. But that's just what I'd do. Only throwing it out to give you options. Not sure if you drink coffee, but coconut milk seems to be liked by many here. I put coconut milk in rooibos and honeybush tea. Oh, did I say cut out dairy. Yes, it can be sugary in its effects and has other issues as well that don't do well with cancer. You can tweak lots of recipes on MDA and avoid all sugary stuff. I mean, just until you've gotten rid of the cancer. Then, a little fruit now and then could be an option. I wish you a fantastic journey and just bet you can lick that cancer. Soaked nuts are nutrient rich, but you said something about working on the fat, so... But certainly better than dairy and sugars for kicking cancer. A bit of fat might be secondary, yes?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Jerrod Soldier says, Prostate problems cured with iodine:
    August 9, 2013 at 11:49 am
    "I suffered from enlarged prostate (diagnosed benign prostatic hypertrophy and prostatitis with PSA =10) with bleeding, obstruction of semen and urine, pain, urgency, frequency of urination etc (up to ten times per night) with symptoms increasing over a period of 30 years. Within one week of iodine intake (5mg tincture of iodine per day added to liquids) the bleeding and obstruction stopped, enabling me to have an external ejaculation which I hadn’t had in several years. Before that, ejaculations (with blood) had been internally obstructed until up to 12 hours later when the semen mixed with blood would leak out. The pain, urgency and frequency of urination is now reduced to near zero. My prostate feels much different now, almost as if it is anaesthetized when I urinate. I had had so much irritation for so many years when urinating, that it is peculiar now to not feel anything when I go. There is zero doubt that all of this improvement (which has continued for about 3 months now) is due to the iodine. I have switched to nutritional iodine 5-10 mg per day rather than tincture and the dramatic improvements remain. I have had no blood whatsoever, and no semen retention since that first week on iodine."
    An Iodine Primer | Wheat Belly Blog
    (Last comment near the bottom of the file)​
    http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/0...comment-153794

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1322121

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 01-01-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Sonny, I've heard that the ketogenic diet is a good one to fight cancer. This is VERY low carb. Dr. Peter Attia has some great blogs about ketosis here The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D., do a search on "ketosis".

And just FYI, Grizz recommends iodine to cure every ill. So do your research before you try anything!

prufock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    I want to recommend a book called "The One Minute Cure, The Secret To Healing all Diseases by Madison Cavanaugh. It's not a diet so you can eat primal, it's hydrogen peroxide therapy (food grade). It's controversial but what have you got to lose by trying it? It's very cheap too. I have used it myself for years in small amounts and I have stayed healthy at 53 other than a few problems that I'm sure now have been diet related (grains, dairy & sugar). Go to Amazon and read the reviews, several people mention cancer.
    Controversial means: possibly dangerous, no solid evidence that it works.
    Identifying health scams: claims to cure everything, claims to be a secret.
    Amazon reviews are not medical evidence.

I won't knock anyone who wants to do whatever it takes to get clear of cancer, but you can find a thousand different people pushing a thousand different "alternative medicines" for anything.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    And just FYI, Grizz recommends iodine to cure every ill. So do your research before you try anything!

Goldie,
    Your opinion is greatly misinformed. Doctors research says you are very sadly mistaken:

Give your negativism to the man that cured his prostate problems, msg #17 above. Go ahead. Post your rebuttal to him, you have his link. Also, all of my recommendations have multiple Doctor reports to back them up. I can inundate you with more Doctor reports from this file: http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Reading

In a most significant study called the Iodine Project, done from 1997 through 2005, Dr. Guy Abraham, Dr. David Brownstein, and Dr. Jorge Flechas followed 4,000 patients and administered 12.5 to 100 milligrams daily, with 100 milligrams administered to diabetics primarily, because low thyroid function is also associated with Type 2 diabetes. They had positive results with only three adverse reactions out of 4,000 people (possibly allergic reactions to the binding agents, excipients, fillers, preservatives and/or synthetics commonly found in tablets, capsules and even liquids as opposed to the bioavailable form of iodine itself). This research group theorized that because in Japan the average intake was 13.8 milligrams, and Japan had significantly less breast and prostate cancer and better health and longevity than in the US, that higher doses of iodine could be safely used. In this 7-year study, they observed reversed fibrocystic breast disease, decreased insulin requirements in diabetics, significantly less need for medication for hypothyroidism, resolution for fibromyalgia, and also resolution of migraine headaches. In the study by Dr. Abraham, et al, the iodine ranges were somewhere between 12.5 and 100 milligrams (100,000 micrograms) daily and were considered safe dosages. This is exponentially greater than Dr. Mercola’s recommendation.

From a larger physiological perspective, it is important to realize that the thyroid is only one gland of many glands and tissues that needs iodine. Other glands/organs/systems with high iodine uptake are the breasts, ovaries, cervix, blood, lymph, bones, gastric mucosal, salivary, adrenal, prostate, colon, thymus, lungs, bladder, kidney, and skin. In perspective, the thyroid holds 50 milligrams of iodine, the breasts hold 200 milligrams, the skin holds 400 milligrams of iodine, and the whole body holds 2000 milligrams, and possibly much more. Iodine is found and used in every hormonal receptor in the body.

In a study of 60 cancer patients given an iodine test, all were found to be seriously deficient in bodily stores of iodine and many had excessive bromine. Women with iodine deficiency have been found to have three times greater incidence of breast cancer. High intake of iodine is associated with a lower risk of breast cancer. In the treatment of prostate and breast cancer, it is reported in Dr. Sircus’ book that Dr. Brownstein uses between 200 and 300 milligrams of iodine daily, with higher doses for more serious and difficult diseases. In perspective, this seemingly “high” dose is still far lower than what the 11th edition of the 1910-1911 Encyclopedia Britannica cites as the “usual” doses of 300-900 milligrams (300,000 to 900,000 micrograms!) of iodine daily.

From a larger physiological perspective, it is important to realize that the thyroid is only one gland of many glands and tissues that needs iodine. Other glands/organs/systems with high iodine uptake are the breasts, ovaries, cervix, blood, lymph, bones, gastric mucosal, salivary, adrenal, prostate, colon, thymus, lungs, bladder, kidney, and skin. In perspective, the thyroid holds 50 milligrams of iodine, the breasts hold 200 milligrams, the skin holds 400 milligrams of iodine, and the whole body holds 2000 milligrams, and possibly much more. Iodine is found and used in every hormonal receptor in the body.
    DR. COUSENS' BLOG - Iodine

Dr. Beaulieu
    Iodine/iodide is one of the primary preventive minerals in the prevention of breast, ovary, uterine, and prostate cancers as well as BPH. Adequate iodine/iodide in the diet, or by supplementation, will occupy the estrogen receptor sites on these estrogen sensitive tissues and not only reduce risk, but often completely reverse the inflammation resulting in the swelling and tenderness so often referred to as fibrocystic disease. Not only is our Standard American Diet (SAD, an appropriate acronym) deficient in iodine/iodide, chlorination and fluoridation of the drinking water further guarantees a population with an iodine/iodide deficiency. I have covered the simple high school chemistry explanation behind this phenomena in other newsletters.
    Prostate Problems & How To Fix Them Naturally
    And lastly testimonials of real people reporting their real problems are for more valuable than your misinformed negativism opinion.
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

And yes, you are correct, Google "Iodine Prostate" for much more on how iodine reverses serious prostate problems. Do your own research to confirm my reports.

Grizz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast