Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Immune System page

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member

Exclamation Immune System

Shop Now
    My immune system is crap. Basically I catch every cold and virus that comes down the pike. I have been Primal since the first of August. I have had one cheat in that time ( a bite) and getting back in line was not an issue. I take supplements as well. I teach kids (have @ 154 students) so every sniffle, hack and cough... yup I get that too. The custodian wipes down the tables most nights... but well.. even now I have a crap throat and cough.

Since moving to Kansas 20+ years ago I have been diagnosed with Asthma which mucks things up further.

Tired of being sick.. suggestions?? Is just eating Primal enough to get my immune system back? Have I not given it enough time?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    1. DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE. Viruses are very easily transmitted from your hands after you touch a contaminated surface to your respiratory system via the eyes, nose, and mouth.
    2. Wash hands frequently

my hands are so dry from all the washing I do... I dont think I ouch my face a lot aside from putting contacts in and out. Thanks for the reminder.. I will pay close attention to this.
    Karin

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Wish I could help. My daughter seems to get every cold going around once school starts up. I've been trying to figure out how to nip this crap in the bud, but haven't had any luck. She takes a multi, vitamin d, vit c, and omega 3. Her diet isn't fully primal, but neither was mine as a kid and I never got sick. I'm at a loss.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

This morning at the health food store I bought this Olive leave complex throat spray. It says its not immune support.. dunno bout that. Here is what is in it:

fresh pressed olea europea leaf extract (ok- no idea), sage leaf extract, menthol, peppermint oil and lemon oil with some glycerine.

Edit to say: I guess that beats sucking on a cough drop/throat lozenge
    Karin

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    This morning at the health food store I bought this Olive leave complex throat spray. It says its not immune support.. dunno bout that. Here is what is in it:

fresh pressed olea europea leaf extract (ok- no idea), sage leaf extract, menthol, peppermint oil and lemon oil with some glycerine.

Edit to say: I guess that beats sucking on a cough drop/throat lozenge
    Science-Based Medicine Boost Your Immune System?

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Athome...I've been Primal for almost 2 years now, and in that time can count on 1 hand the number of times I caught a cold(mostly from lack of sleep). I truly believe that the diet part of primal contributes greatly to this. It did take a while for my immune system to strengthen( I was typical SAD/CW), but now it's great. Also(and this is just me), I tend to wash my hands less so that my body can build up immunity. I do not use hand sanitizer! Dirt is good for us!

I think a big part of the problem is that CW has told us for so long now to wash all time, that our bodies defense systems broke down. Anyway, sorry to drag it out. This is just my two Pesos:-) Good luck, and Rock Out with your Grok Out!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I have asthma and hated getting colds - they always "went to the chest" and gave me long bouts of bronchitis.

2 plus years of primal and taking 2200 iu vitamin D3 each day and liver (for vitamin A) at least twice a week. My asthma has virtually gone - no more steroid inhalers, very few symptoms. And I haven't had so much as a cold the last 2 winters.

Do you supplement vit D? If not - give it a go!

I am taking 1000 iu of D3 + 400 in my multi.. so I will up that. As for the liver.. does it matter beef or chicken??
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    I have asthma and hated getting colds - they always "went to the chest" and gave me long bouts of bronchitis.
    this describes me to a T! good to know though that I might be able to change this.
    Karin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast