Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Already? page

Uppy is offline Member

Already?

Primal Fuel
    So I just started this primal business last Saturday(10/1), and swore I would resist stepping on the scale until this morning. Started at 302.6....and the scale told me 292.6 this morning. My first reaction was, "You gotta be shitting me". As in, "How the hell didn't I find the PB before?"

And really, I felt pretty decent throughout the week. I'd say about 85-90% of how I "normally" feel. Felt a bit loopy, like I had had a couple, all week and had the feeling of being on the verge of a headache, but other than that not too bad. Strength and energy levels were down a bit though - would this be a consequence of switching over from being carb-fueled to being fat-fueled? I've read on here that in quite a few cases it takes a couple of weeks for the body to make that transition. Looking forward to that day!

Again, why the hell didn't I find this sooner? All the success stories on here had me convinced that this thing works, and it definitely did not disappoint! And I love the food I'm eating. Last night I had bacon, then cooked some cod in the bacon grease. Droooooooolllll.

I'm going to see if I can resist hopping back on the scale until the end of the month. Should be interesting!

Jim

Izzylu is offline Senior Member
    That's fantastic! Lethargy and loopiness are a side effect of the detox from carbs, you're over the worst part now I believe. Keep going!!
    Strong is the new Skinny!

tplank is offline Senior Member
    It took me about two weeks to get over the low carb flu and some people experience more than that (and some less). My worst bought was about day ten as I recall...had to have a little fruit juice because I was completely laid out. Funny thing is, that was about two days before I woke up feeling better than I ever had in my enitre life. And that was the last fruit juice I've ever had, or likely will have.

You didn't say how tall you are, but based on your weight, ten pounds in a week isn't unusual. I lost 17 in my first two weeks. And I know what you mean...how has this stuff been kept a secret???

Keep up the good work and stay the course even if you don't start feeling better for a bit yet. And please keep us posted on your progress!

Uppy is offline Member
    I'm 6'7" and had already started becoming fairly lean in my arms and legs just due to cardio and actual running, but have had trouble with the core for a long time. Highest weight was back in early 2010 at 335. Was wearing 40" waist jeans with a 36" inseam. Had been telling myself the same thing others would tell me - "you carry it well". What a load of BS.

I'm guessing that once I get down to around 270 or so the weight loss will start to slow down? Still pretty beefy from my track & field days back in college, but looking forward to being lean and strong from head to toe!

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Uppy! Embrace the low-carb flu. It is the feeling of your metabolism learning to burn fat. Soon your afterburners will ignite and you will feel very good indeed. To speed the process, eat even more fat and loads of fresh green veg.

6'7", good grief! You will be an absolute beast in a matter of months. Get ready for an exciting ride.

Uppy is offline Member
    Thanks, folks. Still feeling a bit of the carb flu, and am definitely thinking that I may not be eating enough at the moment. Looking forward to the increased energy, as I stupidly signed up for a 5k on the 23rd back before I started all this. I'll never learn

I've also found out that I thoroughly enjoy cooking for myself again - the smell of meat cooking in the kitchen is heavenly!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that's awesome, uppy, congrats. and I agree. you'll be a beast pretty soon!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    A couple of months in to eating this way, I actually went through a brief period of being pretty pissed off that ALL this time that I struggled with my health and weight there was this simple way to eat with no hunger that no one ever mentioned. I got over it and now I'm just grateful to have found my way

Welcome and great work so far!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    *high five*

This first super ramped-up drop in weight is awesome and inspiring, but remember that it will slow down eventually. Dont let that dissuade you! Itll just be part of the normal pattern
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

catemarie is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yey! Interesting to see how this all develops for you. I definitely drop more in the first week or so as my body stops being a bloated mess -- but it does keep going!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast