Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butter vs. Margerine page

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member

Butter vs. Margerine

And the winner is...BUTTAH.

Butter vs. Margarine Showdown | Food Renegade
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I sent it to my mom, who has been buying margarine for as long as I can remember, and has diabetes and heat problems.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Margarine has always been fucking repulsive. I regret every ounce I ever ingested.

Mouse is offline Member
    I grew up on margarine (my parents were trying to be health-conscious). I never bought it after I moved out since I found out the trans fat was horrible, but it took me about a year to get used to the taste of butter (aside from in baked goods, which was no problem). Now I love butter, and I cringe at the thought of eating margarine!

bushpeter is offline Junior Member
    Butter, which is an animal product, is high in both artery-clogging saturated fat and dietary cholesterol, increasing our risk of heart disease and stroke. There is also some concern about butter containing traces of hormones and antibiotics fed to animals. On the plus side, butter is a good source of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
    Margarine
    Margarine is made from vegetable oil, is low in saturated fat and has no dietary cholesterol. But because the liquid vegetable oil in stick margarine is hardened through a process called hydrogenation, it is high in trans-fatty acids. Trans fatty acids, or trans fats, are thought not only to raise levels of bad cholesterol, but also to lower levels of good cholesterol, the kind that offers a defense against artery-clogging fats. This makes trans fats worse than saturated fat.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    artery-clogging saturated fat
    What's that? Is that like seizure-inducing broccoli?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    ok, ok ok. lol

we told this to my ILs about 10 years ago, including a similar article. so, they started buying butter AND margerine.

know why?

Because the margerine is for baking! so, all of their baked goods -- for the church you see -- are made with margerine.

how much of this crap do they eat? a fair bit. they are at the church every day, and there is always food. but anyway. . .

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Margarine is for helping people die early so we don't overpopulate the earth. Avoid. The end.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    Bushpeter hasn't read the book.

Sele is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by glorth2 View Post
    Margarine has always been fucking repulsive. I regret every ounce I ever ingested.

I feel the exact same way. My mother only ever used butter but my in-laws on the other hand always use "I can't believe it is not butter". Now at the time I thought my in-laws had it right so I started buying it. Well looks like mother was right lol because now if I am not using Coconut/Palm oil I use natural butter . After being away from butter for so long I admit it tastes sooo much better than margarine!

I should and probably will send this article to my in-laws. My father in-law is a Type 1 Diabetes and that margarine probably isn't helping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast