Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An average day's food for me page

Abe Wagner is offline Junior Member

An average day's food for me

I was asked in the comments section of my success story to give an average day eating for me and I thought this would be a better place for it. So here goes:

8:00 Breakfast- is typically 2 scoops whey, with a bunch of coconut cream mixed in. Its like DIY Primal Fuel. Then I go with a double shot glass of olive oil. That should be about 80g fat, 50g pro, and 10 g carb (~1000 cal).
    11:00 Pre-workout 1: I have a fairly weak stomach when it comes to exercise and will get sick if I have much solid in my stomach, so I go with a scoop of whey and coconut cream blended in. That should be about 26 g fat, 30 g pro and like 10 carb (~400 cal)
    1:00 Post workout 1: It should be noted that I suppliment maltodextrin for its ability to spike insulin levels here and increase glycogen replenishment. I suppose it could be also done with sweet potatoes, but either way what I'm after is something that will quickly spike my blood sugar. Also, a 4:1 carb to protein ratio has been shown to be optimal for both protien synthethis and glycogen replenishment, so I go with 80 grams or so of it. For 0g fat, 20 g pro, and 80 g carb (~400 cal)
    Lunch: I usually eat a 1 pound package of grassfed hamburger. I have a local farmer whose stuff is just awesome. I also go with some berries and some broccoli. For this meal, its 60g fat, 90g pro and 20 g carb (~1000 cal)
    5:00 Pre-workout 2: This is going to be the same as the first.
    7:30 Post workout 2: This is going to be the same as before.
    8:30 Dinner: Honestly I don't mind monotony that much, but its usually just some kind of meat, fried in some kind of fat and then some veggies. Melted butter on everything. But lets take last night, another lb of beef, and a spaghetti squash. I melted a stick of butter and dunked the hamburger in it lobster-style (Delicious BTW) and then melted more butter in the squash. This is usually my biggest meal since I don't have to worry about the work out duress at this meal. So its about 160 g fat and 90 g pro, and 30 g carb (~1500 cal)

So to wrap up,
    ------Fat - Pro - Carb - Cal
    BK: 80 - 50 - 10 - 1000
    WO1: 26 - 30 - 10 - 400
    PWO1: 0 - 20 - 80 - 400
    Lun: 60 - 90 - 20 - 1000
    WO1: 26 - 30 - 10 - 400
    PWO1: 0 - 20 - 80 - 400
    Din: 160 - 90 - 30 - 2000
    Total: 350 - 330 - 240 - 5600

Ratio 60/25/15

This is just an average day, and I did A LOT of rounding in the math, so nobody get too math-y on me, but I should be pretty close. Let me know if you have any questions.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Awesome, thanks for sharing. Your math is pretty accurate as well, so no worries there, maybe a 100-200 calorie difference.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    whats a typical workout look like?

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    That's a whole lot of fuel there.

Your success story was great too! Thanks for sharing!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

It depends on what day it is specifically for the work out. Some days its heavy compund lifts, some days its circuit training. Sometimes there are sprints. The MMA portion is sometimes sparring both BJJ and Muay Thai. Sometimes its just drilling and technique. Sometimes is conditioning and the hardest times is when its a combination of all of those
    But I never jog.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Abe, this is really great. Thanks for sharing.

Do you cycle macronutrients at all, or is it pretty much the same ratio of fat to carb every day? Do you ever do intermittent fasting?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Abe, this is really great. Thanks for sharing.

Do you cycle macronutrients at all, or is it pretty much the same ratio of fat to carb every day? Do you ever fast?
    On days that I train only once, or on occasion, not at all, you could take out one or both, respectively, of the pre and post work out protocals, so that would lower the overall calories and drastically lower the carbohydrate ratio.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    But I never jog.
    HA! I train like a professional MMA fighter!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Wagner View Post
    I melted a stick of butter and dunked the hamburger in it lobster-style (Delicious BTW)
    I know what I am having for dinner tonight. Good Lord, that sounds delicious!

mrsean1999 is offline Junior Member

Ever get tired of eating?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Abe,

Good post. I am 6'4", 200 pounds, and need about 4000 Calories or so per day- more when I work out.
    You ever get tired of eating? What happens to me is I am hungry but don't want to eat.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast