Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with judgemental people? page

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member

How do you deal with judgemental people?

Shop Now
    I have had weight issues my entire life, since puberty. Before becoming Primal in February, I was a vegetarian for 10 years. I have always focused on health...I work out, eat healthy. I don't eat processed food, I don't eat fast food, etc. But I'm fat.
    My husband eats whatever he wants, does not have a weight problem, never works out, eats processed food and junk food. I don't think there is a fat person in his family and they all love their food.
    If the two of us were to go in public, he gets judged as healthy, I'd get judged as unhealthy. Because he is thin, I'm fat. It's very frustrating.
    How do you deal with people's judgements about you?

*I'm just using my husband as an example. It applies to pretty much any thin person, they always get assumed to be healthy even if they don't earn that label.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    People will make snap judgments about you as long as you live so no avoiding that.

What I did about my weight was go eat primal, work out (minus the chronic cardio) and get my sleep squared away. Now I look and feel much, much better and can secretly frown at those uggos and fatties still eating the CW diet.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Learning not to care about other people's judgments was an unexpected benefit of going primal for me. Now that I have my health, that's really all that matters. I do keep an open mind to all new ideas, but prejudice and ignorance don't disturb my inner peace the way they used to.

Is there something in particular that's bothering you? What do you care what other people think?

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    People can't help but judge others based on their own thought systems and separate realities. Everyone has these separate realities and they are just something you have to realize. They can't change their "reality" any more than you can change yours. Just remember, their perceptions do not equal your reality.

Just keep doing what you're doing and enjoy the experience.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    It's the last acceptable prejudice because after all "you're doing it to yourself." No matter that I've been fat since puberty (although not so much anymore) I share it. It's a great failing.

But for others being judgmental, they can get effed.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Roach is offline Senior Member
    "What other people think of me is none of my business" - Some Happy Person

Nectarine Baby is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad1 View Post
    I have had weight issues my entire life, since puberty. Before becoming Primal in February, I was a vegetarian for 10 years. I have always focused on health...I work out, eat healthy. I don't eat processed food, I don't eat fast food, etc. But I'm fat.
    My husband eats whatever he wants, does not have a weight problem, never works out, eats processed food and junk food. I don't think there is a fat person in his family and they all love their food.
    If the two of us were to go in public, he gets judged as healthy, I'd get judged as unhealthy. Because he is thin, I'm fat. It's
    very frustrating.

How do you deal with people's judgements about you?

*I'm just using my husband as an example. It applies to pretty much any thin person, they always get assumed to be healthy even if they don't earn that label.
    I take a perverted joy in seeing them sickening to their stomach as I eat my plate of eggs and bacon with a shit eating grin. I get even more pleasure when they begrudgingly acknowledge I'm losing weight.
    I'm kinda sick and twisted like that. That and I really don't care what the country bumpkins out here think. (this statement only applies to the country bumpkins in the town I live in, I'm a country bumpkin, so....) they is all dying from the diabeetus anyway.
    Day one - 9/9/2011

dado Guest
    your concern with their judgement is really your own unhappiness about the way you look. you have no self confidence.

as you gain confidence you will see that you do not think people judge you negatively.

i suggest you train for strength. there is nothing in the world like the feeling of strength, this is the most important thing, look at my quote. then you will be confident.

Curmujeon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    "What other people think of me is none of my business" - Some Happy Person
    I like that! When other people tell what they think of me, I can tell them that. Usually others are not really paying that much attention as long as I don't make a big deal about it. No reason to make a big deal about it even when somebody asks. Vegetables, fruits, nuts. Real food! Vegetarian? Oh, and meat! Never mention any of those "fad diets"--Paleo, Primal or low carb. Grains? I run better without them. Fruit is over-rated. Grains are very over-rated!
    Beware of fake meat.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Just stay the course, Primal of course.
    The Journey is yours, to cherish and keep.
    Others will falter, that's why they speak.
    Ill words, looks, pretensious thoughts,
    All CW BS, so jealous and distraught.
    Be happy with yourself for what you have done,
    And remember this, "You've only just begun".

Fre your Mind, and your Grok will follow! :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast