Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday's Success Story: Abe Wagner page

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member

Friday's Success Story: Abe Wagner

Shop Now
    I love all of the Friday success stories when people go from huge/obese to being lean, trim and healthy. But, as someone who mainly follows Primal for athletic purposes, today's FSS about Abe Wagner was the best. Not only because of the MMA part (which is pretty cool) but because he is an athlete and very successful following the same thing that we do.

To those that are athletes and new to this, just know that it does take some time to convert your body into a fat burning machine, but when you do (as Abe said in the story) you will be amazed at how much energy you have, how at the end of a training session you feel the same but are just sweaty and if you have any recurring sickness or ailments that this WOL will probably clear them up.

Not everyone can follow the same sort of macro count that Abe does (65f/20p/15c) and depending on how they train might want to adjust the fat and carb ratios. I have been eating about the same macros as Abe on training days and any days that I compete (LAX) and it is truly amazing how well this WOL works for what I do.

Have any other athletes on here found that they are actually "better" at what they do with this WOL?
    I believe it has made me a better athlete because I don't crash half way through a game and I am more agile and stronger.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Last week, somebody has posted a link to video of his most recent match, noting that Abe had a Grok logo on the front of his shorts (right leg). So now we know the backstory of how it came to be that Mark is sponsoring him. That would be awesome to get MMA fighters into Primal, like how it's spread throughout the CF community.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Listening to the Red Sox owner complaining this morning about how his team has been breaking down the last couple of seasons after 140 games I was thinking they should have Sisson on the payroll doing some consulting.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Listening to the Red Sox owner complaining this morning about how his team has been breaking down the last couple of seasons after 140 games I was thinking they should have Sisson on the payroll doing some consulting.
    I read about that and I think it's insane. Their diets must be atrocious. Most baseball players look out of shape, to me at least. They don't spend much time moving except if they have to haul ass to the base or are chasing a pop fly or something. Other than that, lots of hanging out. They are still athletic in a way, but if they are getting tired after what equates to a little more than 3 months of exercise they are doing it wrong.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    I read about that and I think it's insane. Their diets must be atrocious. Most baseball players look out of shape, to me at least. They don't spend much time moving except if they have to haul ass to the base or are chasing a pop fly or something. Other than that, lots of hanging out. They are still athletic in a way, but if they are getting tired after what equates to a little more than 3 months of exercise they are doing it wrong.
    I don't follow Baseball closely, but I hate seeing overweight pitchers. I guess it doesn't matter for what they do, but I don't like knowing they're making bajillions and are considered athletes. I don't care how this opinion makes me look. I'm far from a fatist, but Christ, have some self-respect...

I was surprised to see Abe's macros... I was fully expecting him to say he ate more carbs than others, either way I passed it on to my muaythai friends.

Chapstick is offline Member
    edit
    Last edited by Chapstick; 11-13-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapstick View Post
    If Mark is sponsoring Abe, then there is a clear conflict of interest in Abe writing a success story.
    LOL. Why the would that be so?

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    It's 162 games in 180 days (6 months, not 3 like you said). Plus a month before that is spring training, and there is general offseason workouts. Oh, and they travel all over the country, often after night games, which means lots of jetlag. Too much work, not enough sleep. Easy to see how they get rundown.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Side note: on an MMA forum, people were billing this fight as easy money betting on his opponent. A bunch of them lost some serious cash...

edit
    Last edited by Chapstick; 11-13-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast