Hi everyone. Read often, post once in a while, and right now I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask. I'll save one for another thread.

Right now the one at hand is quite straightforward. I get all my (added) fat from olive oil, 95% of the time. I have a family history of high cholesterol and high cholesterol myself, even though I really DO watch my diet.

For reference, my last numbers were:
Total 258
LDL 172.4
HDL 70
Trigs 78

I'm a 32 y.o. male, 1.72 m, hovering around 55 kg at the moment. I do not exercise regularly.

Like I said, I do watch my diet (whether for better or worse, I'm starting to question - but I do). I've lived mostly on veggies & fruit these past few months. The thing is, I happen to like olive oil so much that I use quite a bit of it.

Whenever I make a salad I never use less than 2-3 tbsp of it. For a mid-morning snack, at work (this is kind of a Spanish thing) I eat a slice of bread -yes, I do eat bread sometimes- with spiced, ground tomato - known around here as pan tumaca and olive oil. The problem is that I literally flood the bread (sometimes even the plate) with it.

I've been eating this way for months, maybe more than a year, and haven't gone up one gram. But my previous test results (from a year before or so) were quite a bit better - LDL 110 iirc, HDL 86.

So, seeing how most other aspects in my diet seem to be under control, for the most part, I was wondering whether this, er, potentially excessive intake of olive oil might actually be making things worse.

I've looked around a bit and asked a few people but I haven't been able to come up with a conclusive opinion. People who know me do seem to agree that I eat way too much of it. I'm trying to cut back, but it won't be easy - I love the stuff!

Would love to read what you think.

Thanks!