Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protein Powder for women page

Lindsay0311 Guest

Primal Fuel

Hey Everyone

I was curious as to what protein powders other women use? I currently use designer whey chocolate powder...it is 100 calories a scoop and only 2g carbs per scoop...is there a better protein out there that is chocolate flavored? I want one with low carbs....I am asking because I am currently out of mine and figured maybe I could try something new.

misathemeb is offline Member

i use naturade whey protein. i use it 2-3x weekly and that's it. usually after a longer run if i don't have time to sit down for a meal or for a breakfast when i'm rushed http://www.amazon.com/Naturade-Prote.../dp/B000B7C8M0

Kryz is offline Junior Member

I use optimum nutrition gold standard whey protein. 24g protein, 3g carbs (1g sugar). The chocolate is deliiiicious. My roommate has GNC, which is also tasty.

emmie is offline Senior Member

I also use Designer Whey, but I buy the 'natural' because I'm off ALL sweeteners, including artificial.

I usually make a shake with coffee, unsweetened cocoa, and cinnamon, but sometimes I mix it into a 'pudding' consistency and eat it with a spoon.

Since I haven't used any sweeteners in about 8 months, the lack of 'sweet' taste doesn't bother me at all.

flash is offline Junior Member

I switch between the BSN Lean Dessert Protein (chocolate coconut candy bar is my fav) 8g carb, 2g sugar, 21g protein and Isofemme vanilla 1g carb, 1g sugar, 27g protein. I like the LDP for sweets cravings, the consistancy is thicker than most I've tried.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

My favorite is actually Wegmans store brand. You probably won't find it outside of the Northeast.

musajen is offline Junior Member

I really like Defense Nutrition - the cows are grass-fed. I don't like that there's only 16 g of protein per serving and only 20 servings per container.

http://www.defensenutrition.com/defense_nutrition_whey_protein_from_grass_fed_cows ?category_id=0harmcitykettlebells.com/

I also recently tried Right Nutrition: http://www.amazon.com/Phillips-Right-Nutrition-Chocolate-Servings/dp/B002K8QAKY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1263275418&sr=1-5

I like the chocolate flavor (the vanilla is too sweet). These are supposed to be all natural and have only Whey Protein and L-glutamine in them. 22g per serving.

Both are low carb. If you try Defense Nutrition, be aware that "Warrior Milk" (the flavored protein powder) has quite a few more carbs and they use the "net carb" trick to claim it's low-carb.

So many women are scared of taking protein these days because of the fact that they think it will cause them to bulk up.

Well guess what there is protein powder for women and for the most part it is the exact same as protein for men. The human body needs protein no matter if you are a man or a woman.

What should you look for in your protein powder?

You need to make sure that you are taking whey protein. That is the most important factor to considers in choosing protein supplements.

When should I take protein powder?

The best time to take your protein is right when you get done working out. When you exercise your body breaks down muscle and that muscle needs to be repaired. Protein is what you body uses to rebuild the muscle.

The muscle is trying to rebuild itself right when you get done working out so you need to make sure that it has the building blocks necessary.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Congratulations, markpollo.

Great copy/paste job.

I like to supplement with *SPAM* after my workouts!

glorth2 is offline Senior Member

Hi guys. I was talking to my fiancee about this last night. She used to take a soy based protein supplement and I was telling her about this discussion. She had some confusion because she had heard that soy can cause breast cancer BUT also that it is good for post menopausal women, which she is, can anyone clear this up? I did suggest whey protein and will e-mail her this thread. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast