Thread: Almond Cookies page

Livetoride is offline Junior Member

So I tried the following recipe and they were great, but had a big problem. When I took the cookies out of the oven they all merged and flattened out creating one very big and thin cookie. Has anyone else tried this recipe with success?

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup almond meal

1 cup maple flakes

1/4 cup butter, room temperature

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp baking soda

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir together almond meal, baking soda and maple flakes, then blend in the butter, egg, and vanilla. Refrigerate dough for half an hour. Spoon out one-inch balls onto a greased or non-stick cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. Bake for eight minutes or until set. Be careful not to let your cookies brown, because that means they’re too well done. Allow them to cool for 2 minutes on the sheet before moving them.

onelasttime Guest

I have tried a similar recipe with a failure and then success. For me it came down to the fact that the original recipe required the almond flour to be a packed cup and using traditional baking methods I didn't pack it.

The second time with the correction, I got much fatter cookies similar to what I expected.

My next experiment I want to try almond butter cookies (flour-less peanut butter substitutes).

Kryz is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

My attempt at almond flour cookies ended a bit horribly...the dough spread out over the entire baking sheet and was just a goopy mess when I tried to lift it off. For the second batch I put in, I let the stuff sit on the sheet after taking it out, and it hardened a little and became sort of like almond lace cookies. No idea what caused it, could've been the recipe. I had much much better luck with coconut flour cookies. Good luck with your baking!