Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Eggs and Prostate Cancer link...here we go again... page

Room13 is offline Junior Member

3 Eggs and Prostate Cancer link...here we go again...

Shop Now
    Hi all, just come across this on the interweb and thought I'd share with you all. Apparently now, if we eat more than 3 eggs a week we are 81% more prone to get prostate cancer...

Eating just THREE eggs a week 'increases chance of men getting prostate cancer'

Would be interested to hear everyone's views...

Boff's [widget] is offline Junior Member
    I guess that means I now know how I'm going to die. I go through a couple dozen a week.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Without having read past the first line of the article, which reads "Men who ate the most eggs also more likely to have a poor diet, be overweight, smoke and take less exercise", I'd say it's a case of the general public have been beaten over the head with "eggs = cholesterol = bad = don't eat eggs" for so long that a large number of those who do still eat 3 + eggs / day are the kinds of men who aren't really interested in their health.

Hence they have otherwise poor diets, are overweight, smoke and drink too much.

Their may be science behind it, but I kinda lost interest after the opening statement.... Now, all this talk of eggs has made me hungry. Time for a fry up
    Last edited by Misabi; 10-07-2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: actually read the article and realised the study was based in the US, not UK.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Just had a quick skim through some of the comments on that link, did like "Men who wear trousers seven days a week may contract prostate cancer. Therefore, trousers cause cancer.
    - Mike, London, 29/9/2011 12:59"

lmao

Yep...it baffles me's that so-called scientists get funding to do this irrelevant shite...think where the money could be used???

...and yep, time for a four egg, four rasher and red pepper omelette :-)))

Absolutely, I'm roughly a four day kinda guy myself...looks like we're f@#ked then ;-)

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I just read this study two days ago. Perks of being on a university Internet network is that I can get access to full study PDFs. Their methodology in this study was completely laughable.

They tracked a highly selective group of foods by way of having participants estimate about how much of that food they had per week. Red meat, processed meats, eggs, and poultry, if I remember correctly. They controlled for other variables like smoking, family history of disease(s), things like that, but they neglected food sources other than meat & eggs.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

The old correlation ≠ caustaion.

Men who ate the most eggs also more likely to have a poor diet, be overweight, smoke and take less exercise.

Yeah, I'm sure it was the eggs... not the bad diet, not the obesity, not the smoking, and not the lack of exercise. Eggs are the gateway drug to all those other bad things, right?

Lol, absolutely, eggs are the core reason for so many things...

They'll soon be blamed for unemployment...trust me, I can see it coming...

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    What about 4 eggs, and not wearing grape smugglers with your trousers!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast