Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone try red palm oil and get scratchy throat? page

Goldstar is offline Senior Member

Anyone try red palm oil and get scratchy throat?

Primal Fuel
    I am trying to figure out what new food I've introduced lately that is causing me to have a constant irritated throat. I have some ideas but one new thing I've been eating daily is red palm oil.

Anyone try red palm oil only to discover they are allergic? What were your symptoms?

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had that problem. I eat it on rice and chicken and occasionally plain on its own. What else have you introduced lately?

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if it's from my iodine supplement. My other new foods don't seem as exotic as the red palm oil. Lately, I've tried collard greens, coconut water, kerrygold butter and cheese and all natural pepperoni sticks that aren't spicy and do not have nitrates or antibiotics.

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    I'd suspect the iodine, too.

Anyone else have this throat reaction to iodine?

Edited to add I just read a thread on coconut oil causing scratchiness for some. I've been ok with my coconut oil but just started drinking the ONE coconut drinks lately. Anyone have a scratchy throat from this drink maybe?
    Last edited by Goldstar; 10-07-2011 at 01:10 PM.

How about stevia drops, can they cause irritated throat?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Goldstar,
    I just ordered a bottle of red palm oil. I plan to add it to my salads instead of olive oil.

Will let you know if I have any problems.

Grizz

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar View Post
    ...all natural pepperoni sticks that aren't spicy and do not have nitrates or antibiotics.
    Do you normally have a problem with processed meats like pepperoni or bacon? Pepperoni sticks are not pepperoni sticks unless they have either sodium nitrite or celery salt/seed/juice (which is basically the same as sodium nitrite). Odds are they have one of the two, and even though most people don't seem to react to them, some do.

Other than that, it is allergy season in a lot of places, especially if you have a problem with grasses.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Thanks, Grizz. I hope it's not the palm oil, I like the flavor of it with collard greens very much and I hope you enjoy it, too. I like it mixed with olive oil 50/50.

I really do think the irritation has to do with something I've just begun eating every day as I do not have seasonal allergies. No problems with bacon or pepperoni in the past either. If it's not, it has to be the new iodine pills I've been taking.

Other possibilities are cinnamon and sugar free gum (Extra brand).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I haven't had red palm oil for three days and no change.

Still working on getting to the bottom of this. I am greatly suspecting Sweetleaf stevia drops. I've discovered that the stevia plant is related to ragweed and that is how I would describe my throat, scratchy and sore like an outdoor allergy. I just started to put 5-6 drops in my large cup of coffee in the mornings. I'm going to cut out the stevia and see what happens...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast