Thread: Benefiber? page

aneeda91 is offline Junior Member

Benefiber?

Shop Now
    Is it alright to take Benefiber while I'm doing the diet? or will the fiber restrict my nutrient intake?

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    It may very well mess up your nutrients - visit Gutsense.org if you are constipated. The guy has lots of information regarding digestion - and he despises fiber supplements.

You should be getting enough fiber from vegetables. We really don't need all the fiber the CW says we do.
    Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Benefiber is made of wheat dextrin. The gluten, not the fiber per se, will resctrict your nutrient intake. Don't believe it if it says it's gluten-free. Search "constipation" in the forum and you'll find some good information.

Fury is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    Benefiber is made of wheat dextrin. The gluten, not the fiber per se, will resctrict your nutrient intake. Don't believe it if it says it's gluten-free. Search "constipation" in the forum and you'll find some good information.
    Either you are mistaken or there are multiple varieties of Benefibre available, as the bottle I've got is made from Inulin (chicory root) and not wheat dextrin.

With that said, you shouldn't need a fiber supplement while following PB unless you are ignoring Mark's daily vegetable recommendations (seems like 1/3rd of the forums does for some reason) My Carb Pyramid | Mark's Daily Apple

I can't see any situation where eating 6 to 11 or more of green/colorful & cruciferous vegetables daily would require added fiber supps. Most veggies are loaded with fiber, especially greens beyond lettuce & spinach (kale, cabbage, collards, beet, turnip & mustard greens, etc...)
    Last edited by Fury; 10-06-2011 at 07:21 PM.

aneeda91 is offline Junior Member
    hm, okay i'll probably lay off on the Benefiber then, unless I feel like I didn't eat enough veggies/fruits on the day of...