Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Smashed Cauliflower page

  1. #1
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813

    Smashed Cauliflower

    Shop Now
    Just posted my smashed cauliflower recipe on my blog. Super simple and really tasty! Just in time for Canadian Thanksgiving
    The Primal Junk Foodie: Smashed Cauliflower
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  2. #2
    Rosemary 231's Avatar
    Rosemary 231 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    829
    I intend to try the smashed cauliflower. Right now all my stuff, except for the bare necessities, is in storage, including my food processor, but I do have a Ninja! It looks just like yours, 2 blades. If that's what you used then I can make the recipe too. Problem with having stuff in storage is that you go buy new instead of plowing through the stored stuff to find something you already have.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 10-11-2011 at 08:11 AM.

  3. #3
    DeilaMiah's Avatar
    DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ft. Bliss TX
    Posts
    107
    Just made this for dinner for me and the 2 y/o a couple of days ago. We used coconut milk (never thought of sour cream) and a smidge of ghee. Also threw in some garlic powder and onion powder.

    I wonder if you could curry this up a bit and use it for Indian dishes?
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

    EMAIL ME!

  4. #4
    jonashardis's Avatar
    jonashardis is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4
    We have been doing this since we tried mashed parsnips and HATED them. Mashed cauliflower is the way to go! I use heavy cream, butter, S&P, and a little shredded fresh cheddar. It goes well with so many things. I did not, however, ever try using frozen cauliflower. Thanks for posting this!

  5. #5
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I intend to try the smashed cauliflower. Right now all my stuff, except for the bare necessities, is in storage, including my food processor, but I do have a Ninja! It looks just like yours, 2 blades. If that's what you used then I can make the recipe too. Problem with having stuff in storage is that you go buy new instead of plowing through the stored stuff.
    I have the same problem with just about everything. I've been known to even buy new socks just cuz I didn't want to do laundry, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeilaMiah View Post
    Just made this for dinner for me and the 2 y/o a couple of days ago. We used coconut milk (never thought of sour cream) and a smidge of ghee. Also threw in some garlic powder and onion powder.

    I wonder if you could curry this up a bit and use it for Indian dishes?
    Probably. Go ahead and try it!

    Quote Originally Posted by jonashardis View Post
    We have been doing this since we tried mashed parsnips and HATED them. Mashed cauliflower is the way to go! I use heavy cream, butter, S&P, and a little shredded fresh cheddar. It goes well with so many things. I did not, however, ever try using frozen cauliflower. Thanks for posting this!
    Always keep your mind open to frozen veggies. Sure, fresh is better (especially if it's in season), but frozen lasts longer (and is often cheaper, too!).
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  6. #6
    KittyKat's Avatar
    KittyKat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    25
    tried this the other night and promptly fell in LOVE!!!!!!
    thankyou!!!

  7. #7
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
    tried this the other night and promptly fell in LOVE!!!!!!
    thankyou!!!
    My pleasure!
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  8. #8
    jqbancroft's Avatar
    jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    716
    There's a group of locally-owned, non-chain restaurants from my home-town (D.C. area) that served mashed cauliflower and it is a BEAUTIFUL thing! I find the food processor, butter, cream, onion powder, and s&p makes an almost identical end product. In the future, I'll have to vary it up and try some of the suggestions on here like sour cream and cheddar cheese!

  9. #9
    Lily Marie's Avatar
    Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    717
    I steam my cauliflower in a basket with 4 good sized garlic cloves and throw it all in a food processor with butter, HWC, salt and pepper.
    Mmmmnommynom!!

  10. #10
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    2,782
    I made the smashed cauliflower for Thanksgiving dinner today, using butter, sour cream, garlic powder plus cream cheese. Most delicious.

    Thanks for the reminder Dr. BB, for using cheese in the mash! I hadn't done that in the cauli. A primal friend of mine often uses boursin, which is mighty tasty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •