Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food Snob page

Clymb is offline Senior Member

Food Snob

Do you ever feel like a food snob? Like for instance, my boyfriend and I eat a lot of eggs, so my roommate bought this giant thing of 60 eggs so we would have some for awhile. They are of course the shittiest quality eggs around, so I won't touch them, and have to go buy some more of my own. He got these at CostCo--a place I never went to growing up, since my mom was obsessed with healthy food and didn't buy in bulk. Anyways, I went there with him and my bf the other day, and couldn't find a single thing in the store I would buy! I felt like a lot of it was actually expensive as well.

Plus they make fun of me almost everyday for how much butter I eat, while my roomie is downing Smart Balance Light and his daughter is living off of (literally) Ramen, applesauce, and white bread and bologna sandwiches.

It's just really frustrating, yet I'm the one who's called out. I've kind of given up on trying to help, since my roomie DOES ask for nutrition advice, yet he never implements it. I just don't get it.

Sorry for the rant, it's just been bugging me :/

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    Understandable. I feel awkward when people try to help, because they usually buy something I wouldn't eat b/c they don't understand. We are members at Costco and have found things there that we buy. They have large blocks of Kerrygold cheese for an excellent price, Larabars, natural laundry detergent, jumbo bags of organic carrots and salad greens and sometimes I buy non-organic produce there if it is things like cantaloupe or something with a thick, non-edible skin. Sometimes I leave there frustrated because they rotate their selection. They haven't had larabars lately We also buy paper towels, tp, sponges, etc. there because of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    Understandable. I feel awkward when people try to help, because they usually buy something I wouldn't eat b/c they don't understand. We are members at Costco and have found things there that we buy. They have large blocks of Kerrygold cheese for an excellent price, Larabars, natural laundry detergent, jumbo bags of organic carrots and salad greens and sometimes I buy non-organic produce there if it is things like cantaloupe or something with a thick, non-edible skin. Sometimes I leave there frustrated because they rotate their selection. They haven't had larabars lately We also buy paper towels, tp, sponges, etc. there because of the price.
    Well I'm glad you found stuff there...everything I saw there that I would potentially get just seemed so expensive as compared to when I buy it at Trader Joe's or somewhere, that's why I was surprised.

And yeah, it's odd when people try to help. My roomie actually checked out this site and some Weston Price stuff because I sent it to him, and he "liked" them both on Facebook, yet he doesn't do any of it. He also did lots of research on some of the popular claims he read about from both sites, yet he won't research why what he is eating is terrible. The Smart Balance thing just really disgusts me lol. He also made his daughter stop eating blackberries because she would literally eat bags of them and they're affecting her teeth...yet she can still eat ramen and everything else. He also finally bought her some milk, but of course it's 2% and the shitty kinda haha...at least that's kind of something, maybe?? lol

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I'm quite sad really. I was chuffed with my organic healthy products in the trolly the otherday. Looking around at the sh*te other shoppers were piling in their trolly, quite shocking really. And they're totally oblivious to the bad choices they're making, well most people anyway.

otzi Guest
    We had a going-away luncheon at a local Chinese Buffet. Everyone was piling their plates high, but I kept walking around and around looking for something good. I settled on mussels, shrimp, and a few sushi rolls--ate one plate and quit. One guy, on his third trip to the dessert bar says, "what the f---'s amatter with you, ya sick?"

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    As the old saying goes "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em Grok" :-) We can only do/offer so much for those around us. The rest is up to them. Good luck, and Rock Out with your Grok Out!

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    As the old saying goes "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em Grok" :-) We can only do/offer so much for those around us. The rest is up to them. Good luck, and Rock Out with your Grok Out!
    Thanks bro I don't care that people don't eat the way I do, it's just when people ask me for help with things and say they're going to do something and then they don't...whether it's nutrition or whatever.

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    Well I'm glad you found stuff there...everything I saw there that I would potentially get just seemed so expensive as compared to when I buy it at Trader Joe's or somewhere, that's why I was surprised.
    This was my perception at first. The thing is you're getting a much larger quantity. It took a lot of calculating to figure it out Kerrygold cheese is $5/ half pound at Whole Foods and $11 for 1.5 pounds (approx) at Costco. The size thing always throws me off. Larabars are $1.25 each at the grocery store and $15 for a box of 18 at Cosco. The initial investment/size is what gets me. We have been on the same pack of toilet paper for months! You just have to have somewhere to store it all...

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member
    I had a friend who always asked for nutrition advice as well, but then never listened. It can be the world's most annoying thing. Ever. And going out to eat I do feel like a snob sometimes because I know what crap is usually in restaurant food....sometimes it gets me down but then I remind myself that I can only do whats best for me, and if people don't accept that then they're not what's best for me.
    && It's not just about living well, it's about dying well.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by m e g a n foxy View Post
    I had a friend who always asked for nutrition advice as well, but then never listened. It can be the world's most annoying thing. Ever. And going out to eat I do feel like a snob sometimes because I know what crap is usually in restaurant food....sometimes it gets me down but then I remind myself that I can only do whats best for me, and if people don't accept that then they're not what's best for me.
    I like this, very true. I think I really just need to live alone lol

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast