Thread: Low carb Homemade Best Protein Bar Recipe page

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

This recipe makes an absolutely low carb protein bar.

It's...

1. High in Protein

2. High in Low-Glycemic Carbs

3. Low in Fat

This won't take you more than 5 minutes to make and you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now.

The ingredients are simple:

1. 40 grams Rolled Oats

2. 35 grams Whey Protein (Chocolate is great for this recipe)

3. 20 ml Honey or 'Set' Honey (use 'Agave Nectar' as a low-glycemic substitute)

4. 20 ml Water

Instructions For Making A Protein Bar

Step (1) Add your oats and whey into a bowl and mix together by hand.

Step (2) If using 'set' honey, put into the microwave for 30 seconds to soften

Step (3) Drizzle honey onto the oats and whey

Step (4) Add water to the mixture

Step (5) Get your hands in there and mix together thoroughly

Step (6) Add more water if necessary but you want to keep this from going to gooey

Step (7) Now just shape it into bar form and either eat straight away or refrigerate for an hour or so to harden.

Most commercial protein bars only supply around 20 grams of protein and are loaded with sugar. This bar packs in around 35 grams of protein for a fraction of the cost!

Nutritional Value

Calories - 339

Protein - 35g

Carbs - 43g

Fat - 3g

It's a great idea to make a batch of these to enjoy throughout the week. You may want to make enough for 7 bars and enjoy one every day of the week.

Enjoy It Everyone!

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

Oats, whey protein, and low in fat? And those are supposed to be a good things? Maybe you need to spend some time reading Mark's blog and/or book, 'cuz I think you're missing the point.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Umm.

I might have thought these were a good idea, back in my CW days.

Oats? Honey? 43g carbs per bar?

Thanks but no thanks. I'll have the spam instead.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

kjake55 Guest

If you want a *REAL* primal bar check out Mark's primal energy bar and primal energy redux bar (which may be form Son of Grok I don't remember). Those are both well worth the effort and ARE primal...

drake55 I'm not sure you've completely picked up on the primal idea yet..read more.

Acmebike is offline Member

Yah, no oats, or honey (and certainly not Agave Nectar=HFCS) for me! It is super easy to make a "to go" sorta snack:

dried meat (jerky)

tallow (beef fat)

Zero carbs, and plenty o' healthy fat and protein. No frankenfoods!

Tadas is offline Member

[quote]

drake55 I&#39;m not sure you&#39;ve completely picked up on the primal idea yet..read more. </blockquote>

Every post of him is related to Whey/protein powder/protein bars. And his Homepage is a low-carb shop with a great emphasis on protein supplements.

Spam?

kjake55 Guest

Tadas-I wasn&#39;t aware of that...Nuke the Spammers! I&#39;m trying to reduce the BS in my life hence my switch to a primal lifestyle 7 months ago. This is the last place in the world I want to see the "S" word! Lately there seems to be several posters who have presonal agendas and motivations for being here...and aint none of them healthy! It&#39;s a shame.