Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Indian food? page

Kaizen Guest

Shop Now

Well today I was shopping around and looked at the frozen meals to see if they had anything that was "primal". I found these organic Indian foods. I ate it, pretty damn good actually. Reminded me of this awesome Indian restaurant I used to eat at in Japan. Except my favorite meal there was "butter chicken" or something along those lines. So I started thinking, is Indian food primal? I started looking at the recipes, and they all look pretty damn good. Most of them use "primal" foods. I'm mostly looking at making a big batch of something like Chicken Tikka Masala (which is what I had) or butter chicken. Would make it more appetizing and flavorful. Obviously don't go eating that Indian bread they have, but damn if that food isn't flavorful. Thoughts?

Kaizen Guest

w00t found this:

http://www.sukhis.com/products/home-chef/tikka-masala-curry-paste.php

Might not be 100% primal, considering one of the ingredients is "sugar" but it's minimal and makes everything taste a helluva lot better. I might start making this. Probably use coconut cream instead of heavy cream and throw in plenty of chicken.

FairyRae2 Guest

Check this thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Indian-Recipes

I think many Indian recipes are TOTALLY primal, or can be made primal w/ minor tweaking. YUM!!!

AlexK is offline Junior Member

Skip the pre-processed sauce, and use this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Indian-Butter-Chicken/Detail.aspx

All you have to do to make it primal is sub out the vegetable oil for olive oil (works great!) and make your own tomato sauce to avoid the canned stuff.

Kaizen Guest

I'll try that out, but it's a lot harder for me to make this stuff since I literally live in a hotel room. So I have to find a good middle ground between being primal and ease of use. I'll try both.

AlexK is offline Junior Member

Kaizen -

Ooh, that's tough. But even using coconut or heavy cream, plus tomato sauce, plus butter and spices shouldn't be too bad? This is a pretty easy recipe to make.

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

How are you cooking in the hotel room. Microwave??

FairyRae2 Guest

You can buy single, portable, plug in electric burners which work great. (You may have on already?) That would be a necessity for me if I were in a situation like you describe...

withtao Guest

As I posted a few days ago, I eat packaged Indian food from Trader Joe's and Tasty Bite. They do not have added sugar and are vegetarian. I combine them with grass-few beef hot dogs or chicken for a quick lunch.

Kaizen Guest

I try to cook outside, I bought a portable charcoal grill but I don't like it much. I'm going to be moving around a bit in the next 3 months, but after that I want to get a nice portable "stove". Might look into getting a grill (gas) as well later. I'll look into those recipes and premade stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast