Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Jefferson) page

Jefferson is offline Member

Shop Now

So I've finally decided to take the plunge again. I had much success with a primal diet last year after reading Dr. Cordain's book. Sadly, I let myself fall back to my old ways and I now look and feel worse than I did before I ever started. I hope to add more of my story and more stats to this thread later, but I wanted to get started with some basics today.

I am 26 years old, male and a first year teacher (not a career I would inflict on my worst enemy).

I am 5'9" tall and I currently weigh 231 pounds.

Today's food intake:

Breakfast:

4 egg omelet with bacon and cheese

1 cup of cottage cheese

2 tablespoons of salsa

Lunch:

Nothing

Supper:

10 oz. beef steak pan friend in coconut oil

1 cup broccoli cooked in butter

1 cup romaine lettuce with red wine vinegar & olive oil

I also drank a few cups of unsweet tea (the only way it should be drank, by the way) and some water throughout the day.

Any and all encouragement will be much appreciated. I can already feel the effects of the low carb flu, as I am a bit spacey, dizzy and have a bit of a headache. Hopefully it will pass quickly. I've also started logging my food in Fitday for the first time. Hopefully that and this journal will help keep me on track. Thanks for reading, thanks for the support and thanks to Mark for all he does!

So far so good, my primal pals. Here's day 2 info (being posted early in the morn on day 3).

Breakfast:

About 7 ounces of chorizo

4 eggs

Lunch:

About 4 ounces of left over steak

1 cup of leftover broccoli

Supper:

About 10 oz steak, cut up and fried in coconut oil

2 cups of lettuce with carrots & red cabbage

1/2 cup diced tomato

1 tbs sour cream

1 tbs guacamole

1 tbs hot salsa

All mixed up in a bowl, fajita salad style.

As you can probably tell, we got a good deal on some steak at the grocery store and I'm trying to eat it all before it turns and the dogs get a treat (my dogs are also recently turned primal, a practice I HIGHLY recommend).

Hopefully I can post some more personal information later on today. Thanks so much for reading, and please feel free to post here. This poor little thread is feeling a bit lonesome. Have a great day!

Day three over and done with and I'm feeling pretty good. I think the majority of what's wrong with me, emotionally at least, stems from my job.

But on to the food for the day:

Breakfast:

Leftover Chorizo and eggs with colby-jack cheese.

about 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese

Lunch:

Leftover fajita steak salad with sour cream and guacamole

Supper:

Steak omelet, about 4 ounces of steak, 3 eggs and some cheese

And that's it for the steak. Even something as delicious as that can get a little old after a couple of days. Fortunately there's a three day weekend coming up, so hopefully I can get some more of my story here. Good luck to everyone, have a great rest of your day.

Jeffro

spacecowboy614 Guest

Hey Jefferson,

I know how you feel, I'm right there with you too, man. But you can stick it out!

You seem to be on the right track, and I promise I'll check back in a couple of days from now to make sure you haven't fallen off the wagon

Your Primal Comrade,

Alex

Alex,

Thanks so much for popping into my little thread. I'll take all the encouragement I can get.

Do you have a thread of your own I could check in on now and again? In the face of such strong pressure from the CW folks, we've got to stick together and encourage one another as much as we can. It's just too easy to backslide into old ways, especially when family, friends, coworkers are all trying to convince you that you're going to murder yourself because you're not eating bread.

Thanks for checking in on me!

spacecowboy614 Guest

A Mitch Hedberg fan? Nice!

Here's my journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...SpaceCowboy%29

And hell yeah we gotta stick together!

Be seeing ya...

Yessir, Mitch Hedberg rocked. Sadly, so many of the good ones die.

Here's info for day number 4.

Breakfast:

A couple eggs

Some bacon

Some cheese, all smacked together into an omelet.

Lunch:

Sausage, egg & cheese scramble

(we were negligent in going to the store, so we only had breakfast stuff left)

Supper:

Enchiladas (from a recipe here on MDA)

No grains, instead a "crepe" wrap made of egg and half & half

Homemade sauce with tomato sauce, various seasonings and water

Some shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken

Cheese

This recipe was awesome! I highly recommend you try it. Here's the link: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-primal-meals-in-15-minutes-or-less/

I will say it took a bit more than 15 minutes. I guess the article was referring to the cooking time, not the prep time. But it was worth it! I can't wait to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Have a great tomorrow, everyone.

Good morning. I'm getting ready for another fun day of teaching middle school (again, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME) and I thought I would make mention of my sleep.

My sleep has been a bit rough the last couple of nights, whereas before starting the PB I was sleeping soundly through the night. This is a good thing, however, as the stress and dread of school had me taking Tylenol PM and other sleep aids basically every weekday night. Despite this being a particularly stressful week, I haven't taken any sleeping pills and I've been sleeping pretty well on my own.

It feels so much better to wake up in the morning and just be a bit sleepy instead of that medicated, groggy feel that sleeping pills leave me with.

I love the PB. Now to make my will power follow me wherever I may go.

spacecowboy614 Guest

I'm 6 feet (well, really like 5'11" and 3/4 but I round up because it just sounds better). I'm (finally) going to get my photos up tomorrow so you'll have a better gauge on how big I am (stomach wise...)

I'm glad I'm feeling more like me too! Sickness is weird. I want to be well right now, but the experience I'm not sure I would change because it has certainly made me a better person. Life sure is odd...

Be checking in soon,

- Alex

Alex, thanks for responding to my question. I think we should both just respond with "two meters" when someone asks for our height. It's close enough for government work. I hope you're doing well.

I managed to get nice and busy yesterday evening with my inlaws, so here I am posting about day number five early on day number six. Anyway, it's a Friday before a much needed THREE DAY weekend, so rock and roll.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast

A couple eggs

3 slices of bacon

Lunch

Leftover enchilada's from the recipe mentioned above. (The egg and cream "tortillas" were even more tortilla like on the second day. It was awesome.)

Supper

Went to Logan's Steakhouse with my inlaws, had the following

12 oz steak

sauteed mushrooms

vegetable skewer with onion, tomato, zucchini and mushrooms

a couple of bites of my wife's sweet potato

When we got to my sister-in-law's house, I told her that we are cutting the grains and sugar from our diet. She told me that it's "unhealthy to cut out entire food groups like that", then ate three or four rolls, a white baked potato and some ice cream. She's quite thin and works out all the time, but her diet is as close to fat free as possible and she practically lives off of Slim Fast shakes. I don't plan on taking diet advice from her any time soon. She also has wild mood swings, and I have to wonder how much hormonal imbalances play into that.

Thanks for checking in on my, I'll post again later today. off to the wonderful world of public education!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast