Thread: Escalating Density Training...Anyone Tried it? page

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Has anyone tried a weight training methodology/protocal called "Escalating Density Training", (EDT) which was developed by a fellow by the name of Charles Staley? (He wrote a book on it called MUSCLE LOGIC.) It seems very Grok-friendly in that it builds strenght without excess bulk but at the same time builds muscular endurance...two key items that our primal ancestors would have needed to survive and thrive.

If any one has had any experiences with it, please give me a shout.

Acmebike is offline Member

I just do alot of the workouts Mark and other's put up here on MDA. Plus I go to a Crossfit Gym 2-3 days a week. Got a long way to go before I start getting "sciencey" about it, I just like the compound motions, and functional strength I'm building!

I'll google EDT up and give it a look, thanks.

Thanks...I have read some good reports on it by people who have used it...just didn't know if any Groks has tried it.

trypleight is offline Junior Member

Sounds a lot like the principles Taught by the late Arthur Jones. If you are not familiar with Jones check the wiki on him here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Jones_%28inventor%29

There also a more resent book on the market named, "Body by Science", by Dr. Doug McGuff. One of the most complex books on high intensity training I have ever read, very dry but worth every minute. The basic premise is that the human body can be trained once a week for 8-12 minutes and pack on incredible amounts of defined muscle and increased stamina. Check out some of his videos on you tube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3wwW_UMmyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_23cl5n8NaQ

Enjoy!

Cheers

Thanks for the links to the article and videos! Some simularities there, as you mentioned.

I would think that Grok's world would have favored those that had strenght without excess bulk but at the same time good muscular endurance.

Nekurahn is offline Junior Member

The Big Five workout from Body By Science is what I've been doing for the last few months. As with any program, it needs to be combined with proper nutrition. It also works much better with Nautilus equipment, which my gym unfortunately doesn't have. :/

Theriomorphos Guest

Charles staley is one of the most widely respected strength coaches in the fitness world..I would definitely say it would be a worthy investment.

Having said that check out some of his articles on t-nation. The man knows his stuff.

I went to T-Nation as suggestted...good stuff!

Thanks for the advice/guidiance!