Thread: Husband thinks I'm on crack.... page

melissaishappy is offline Junior Member

Smile Husband thinks I'm on crack....

Shop Now
    I'm eleven days into eating PB style and I have so much energy, that my husband thinks I'm on crack.

I'm not, of course, but I have so much natural energy that it's hard not to notice the difference. Before PB I used to feel exhausted, and often grouchy, by late afternoon-early evening, now I'm zipping around getting dinner, helping with homework, bathing children, etc--all the tasks I used to dread because I had no energy left for them at the end of the day. In fact, I didn't have a whole lot of energy during the day to begin with.

I love that I don't have cravings for junky sweets and carbs and no strong hunger at all. Eating just feels normal and simple, not something I'm obsessing about all the time, counting points, calories, fat, etc.

I asked my husband if he wants to share some of my "crack," so we'll see if he jumps on board. This morning I tempted him with an omelet with sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and cheddar cheese. He said..."THIS is on your diet?!" Yup honey, climb aboard!

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome this is the first thing I noticed as well. I never had a carb flu, after 3 days I was a lipid burning machine, energy all day.

Then after a month I burned fat and lost my allergies...

To quote boondock saints "the hits just keep on comming"

Cheers

Thanks, and cheers to you, too! I never had carb flu either, just starting feeling really great a few days ago. I just finished reading the Primal Blueprint book on my Kindle. I'm hooked. I've tried every diet out there, most recently Weight Watchers, but also Atkins and Fat Flush. All are either too extreme or require too much counting stuff!

Looking forward to more good things to come!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Melissa. Welcome! I'm glad primal is going well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

GrokinUK is offline Junior Member
    what is Carb Flu? sorry I am a newbie

Autumnrose is offline Member
    I fell off the primal wagon and climbed back on a week ago. It's nice to have energy again! My husband was all for the primal lifestyle after watching Fathead this past spring. Then he decided he "needed" carbs. He just complained about feeling sluggish and bloated after eating corn chips for lunch.
    I think he'll slowly come back to a primal lifestyle with a bit more convincing.

GrokinUK - Carb Flu is when you feel sluggish, foggy, exhausted, etc. about a week to ten days after cutting back on carbs and sugar. I've had a couple of days like that, but I'm 2 weeks in and my energy is back up to what it was a few days in. There is a post/blog entry by Mark about it if you search for it, plus pages of comments from people that are really informative.

Autumnrose- I'd love to get my husband on board. He has digestive issues, though he is in denial about them, takes a statin for high cholesterol, and needs to lose at least 30 lbs. Wouldn't he love it if he knew I were sending all this info out into cyberspace?! Anyway, I'd love to get him on board with PB, but the sugar addiction (Dr. Pepper and lemonade) would be tough for him to beat. I don't think he should be on a statin at age 41! He won't ever read anything I recommend to him, though, he just wants me to tell him what to eat! I've tried to explain that he needs to understand the science behind it in order to make good food choices. Oh, well, I'll continue to work on him...nag, nag, nag!!! And by the way, your weight loss is impressive! Way to go! I lost about 12 lbs on WW, but got tired of all the tracking so I stalled out. Now I'm down about 5 lbs in 2 weeks and would like to lose another 15 or so more. More would be awesome!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Read the before and after thread when he is around, and just go, "oh wow honey! Check this out!" and let him look at all the pics for a while. Don't even try to say anything, just go, "isn't that a trip?" - make it be his idea.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/