Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: artificial sweeteners page

widget67 Guest

good evening everyone! i need the skinny on aetificial sweeteners...i currently drink one cup of coffee in the morning with milk and splenda and also drink diet rite with splenda. occasionally other diet drinks with aspertame. i have read many things on these, but never seem to get a straight answer. do they spike your blood sugar? are they adding to my weight woes? will quit them if need be...

widget

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

Splenda by itself is terrible for your liver but, in general, artificial sweeteners trick your body into thinking you've just eaten carbs, causing you to crave more. It's a vicious cycle and one you should stay away from.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

aspartame is poison!!!

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

stevehtcyl is offline Member

Aspartame is horrific. Have seen all kinds of reports that first off the ingredients that make it up are poisonous to the body, but combined causes all kinds of things like memory loss and brain cancer. Aspartame is also classed as a cumulative poison, the body cant get rid of it, just like lead.

Acmebike is offline Member

Get out a blood glucose meter and test for yourself! Splenda, aspertame, etc all give me a blood sugar bump. Caffeine does, too! So the sweeteners have been banished from my nutritional plan. Caffeine has been drastically lowered by switching to decaf teas and coffees, and less of either.

I am glad for the change! As far as any refined, man made "foods" are concerned, just consider them guilty until PROVEN innocent. That&#39;ll keep the artificial food stuffs out of you system!

For coffee, give a tablespoon of coconut oil, or a little more whole cream or some coconut milk, that might take the place of milk and sweetener. For day time drinks, cold water, lots of it, with some lemon will be a surprisingly great replacement.

widget67 Guest

thank you for the great information! i admittedly drink a lot of diet pop and now realize the dangers of it. bye bye pop! i would like to cut out the coffee in the morning but fear the headache it will produce...i will have to wean myself off of it...water with lemon is an excellent idea. i have been poisoning my body for so long i can&#39;t wait to get it out of my system.

FairyRae2 Guest

IMO the best way to cut it out is all at once, when you can take time off of important things. (I was a teacher and cut my diet pop addiction one week over the summer--it was a hell week of headaches and foggy brain, but soooo worth it. I&#39;ve never gone back to it, and avoid coffee and pop (not chocolate though

widget67 Guest

@rae...good idea on the all at once. i am overhauling my diet all at once, might as well quit caffeine at the same time!!

Asturian is offline Senior Member

For my weight loss objective, I would avoid all sweeteners (natural or artificial). Some may or may not induce a rise in glucose but all will induce a rise in insulin. Maintaining lowest possible insulin levels are best for weight loss. I think many will also affect leptin in a negative way relative to weight loss too.

And as already noted, some can be addictive.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I used to use stevia pretty heavily as a crutch. Of all the sugar alternatives, I would recommend it as the best/safest. The taste bothers some people, but I like it.

I still have a decent sized bottle, but I don&#39;t use it much any more. I think eventually you just sort of lose a taste for sweet stuff. I do keep it on hand though, in case I want a treat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast