Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Convict Conditioning 2 is finally here! page 3

  1. #21
    DSR84's Avatar
    DSR84 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    75
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just finished reading the grip work chapter. I'm no expert on body weight training, or even strength training (I'm former-ish rower exploring different things while I can't get to a boathouse), but I love the info in these books. I can't wait to read more and start implementing what I can!

    Al's contributions really kick ass, too. But they really should have put in some of Danny's Rabbi flags from that Pullup Bar Mitzvah video.

  2. #22
    Nicator's Avatar
    Nicator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    137
    Al, a question for you. Feel free to disregard if it's covered in your books. Did you and your brother have to eat a caloric surplus to achieve that physique? Do you prioritize post-workout meals?

  3. #23
    Al_Kavadlo's Avatar
    Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    That's a great promo, but now I have to track down that Mad Season song that was triggered by the music there.

    The dual flags almost looked like a mirrored image.
    Thanks! I wrote and recorded the music for this clip myself - any similarity to Mad Season's "I Don't Know Anything" is purely coincidental.

    Quote Originally Posted by DSR84 View Post
    Just finished reading the grip work chapter. I'm no expert on body weight training, or even strength training (I'm former-ish rower exploring different things while I can't get to a boathouse), but I love the info in these books. I can't wait to read more and start implementing what I can!

    Al's contributions really kick ass, too. But they really should have put in some of Danny's Rabbi flags from that Pullup Bar Mitzvah video.
    Haha - thanks! Unfortunately, Pull-up Bar Mitzvah was filmed after CC2 was already finished, but it will live on forever thanks to youtube!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicator View Post
    Al, a question for you. Feel free to disregard if it's covered in your books. Did you and your brother have to eat a caloric surplus to achieve that physique? Do you prioritize post-workout meals?
    Our caloric needs are pretty high because we are very active and have a high ratio of muscle mass to bodyweight. I haven't made a conscious effort to bulk up in a long time though - I just eat when I'm hungry and try to stick to primal foods. And yes, I usually eat within an hour of working out. There is more info about this on my blog as well as in my book.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com


  4. #24
    squeally dan's Avatar
    squeally dan is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    63
    Very cool. Does the 2nd one have a plan like th first one. I'm curious to see how it moves along from the 1st one.

    Al-

    Good job of looking like a "Bad ass"

    That promo is awesome!


    Hunting For Health

  5. #25
    Al_Kavadlo's Avatar
    Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,399
    Thanks, Dan! The 2nd book gives a similar type of workout plan to the first, although it grants a little more room for personal preference.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com


  6. #26
    crowemagnonman's Avatar
    crowemagnonman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    100
    I may have to pick that up. I've always wanted to be able to do that sideways thing on a pole. Whatever it's called.
    My Blog -----> Two Bar Garage

  7. #27
    lotusery's Avatar
    lotusery is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for your sharing. I used to read ebook converted from pdf files with the tool of flip book creator. And it's an amazing experience.

  8. #28
    Darthash's Avatar
    Darthash is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    142
    I think if you buy the real paper back book, you should get the ebook for free. but that's only an opinion.




    Oh and i will be getting this as an ebook, been waiting for it for a while, do i need to read the first book or can i just read the second?
    Last edited by Darthash; 11-30-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added question.

  9. #29
    DSR84's Avatar
    DSR84 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    75
    The first book is so worth reading, and he kind of assumes familiarity with it in the second book.

  10. #30
    Al_Kavadlo's Avatar
    Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthash View Post
    Oh and i will be getting this as an ebook, been waiting for it for a while, do i need to read the first book or can i just read the second?
    You can jump right in with part 2 if you want, but it's helpful to have read the first one beforehand. It's kinda like the Terminator movies - sure you can watch and enjoy T2 if you haven't seen the first, but you'll probably get more out of it if you do them in order.

    Quote Originally Posted by DSR84 View Post
    The first book is so worth reading, and he kind of assumes familiarity with it in the second book.
    Yeah, what he said!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •