Thread: CrystalCip from Florida new baby-Grok page

CrystalCip is offline Junior Member

CrystalCip from Florida new baby-Grok

Primal Fuel
    Hi! I am a new baby-grok and dragging my husband and five young kids along for the ride. I'm so excited about this lifestyle and have completed what I think was my grain detox. I'm still having a hard time giving up the dairy but I have greatly reduced it to usually just my one cup with morning coffee (I know, I know!).

Last week I bought a free weight set. I think I'm in love. VFF's are next on the list. I've gotten rid of all the flour in my pantry and replaced it with almond and coconut flour. I know I'm in love with coconut manna. I eat too many bananas and have been slowly replacing my regular milk chocolate in darker chocolates, I'm up to 82% now and only have a piece here and there instead of needing a dessert every night before bed. And after lunch. And sometimes before lunch. I'm making better food choices and my eyes are opening to the scary reality of the Normal American Diet.

I had played around with Weston Price for about a year before stumbling on Primal/Paleo (which is thanks to Primal Toad actually). It feels like a good fit. I'm excited!

The basics: I am 5'3" and weigh 160lbs. This is not my heaviest but I am having a hard time getting down past this weight. I want to increase my strength and stamina. I'm angry with myself when I get winded walking up a single flight of stairs. This isn't me! I know I can be better than this. I have problems with mood swings, sleeplessness, I'm an emotional eater and eat when I'm bored.

I'm also an organic farmer and Fiction Author, a homeschool teacher to my kids, I cook all our foods and can and preserve as much as I can while it's local and in season. Organic food and naturally growing food sources is extremely important to me.

We raise chickens for meat and eggs, butchering them ourselves and are growing up three heritage turkeys all on free ranging for holiday dinners.

I also just bought our first half of pig from a neighbor's farm which should get delivered at the end of the month or so.
    Last edited by CrystalCip; 10-05-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! You don't have to give up dairy on primal unless it is, in fact, holding back weight loss.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Crystal...Enjoy your pig. I just got my 1/2 last week and it has been amazing thus far:-)

john steve is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    enjoy your pig...and same wishes for me too hehehe am also going to get it..its so nice to visit here a nice thread. Am so impressed with your such a good hard work, its definitely a good and diferent idea for others, you guys are doing good work good luck, keep it up..