Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My body feels terrible ! page

Strawberries Guest

Hello everyone ! Im definetly a newbie. Ive been eating primal for less then a week,Ive been eating alot of the 'must-have' ingredients like egg's,green salads and veggies,organic butter,coconut milk,whey proteins(which I didnt really like), cooking in olive oil, Ive even been making my own salad dressings. I eat alot of meat aleast 2 different types of servings a day(thats alot compared to before where I sometimes wouldnt eat meat for days). I can proudly say I have not had any grains/breads/pasta's/rice etc which is huge considering my upbringing.Ive been tryin to incorporate Stevia as an alternative, I have slipped up twice with the sugar. Well Im writing this because my body feels terribly weak, I have very low energy most of the time, If I havnt eating anything for about 4hrs I begin to feel flustered,kinda like hot-flashes I would assume,I feel very light headed and spacy, I have to sit down because sometimes I feel like im about to pass out.However sometimes I'll have a really big ass salad lol with chicken usually or some steak , even some avocados and hard-boiled eggs with veggies, but right after Im done I have cramp like pains in my stomach, and weird noises shortly accompanied by hunger . I get hungry quick !?! I dont know why ? I feel like Im eating right, I dont have enough energy to excersie .. also my bowels have been really active lately and not in the good way either .. I dont know what to do .. Sorry this is soo long but I just need some advice .. Im 22 weigh 168 and Im 5'8 if that helps .. thanks in advance guys !!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

That's just the infamous "low-carb flu". Don't worry, hang on!! Soon you will be able to go (gasp) a whole day without food.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Yup. Low carb flu. Your body is adjusting to using fats for fuel. If you feel bad cut back on exercise until you feel up to it.

Some people feel better after a few days while others take weeks to level out to "normal" again.

Keep it up and things should get awesome soon.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

sounds normal. it will pass. and welcome :-)

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

If you haven&#39;t already given them up, I suggest you skip the whey proteins. Lots of people have bad reactions to different protein powders, whether they be based on whey, soy, rice or soylent green.

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

I feel like there should be a thread stickied on the "low carb flu" or a page on the main website that links to information on this induction period. There have been a lot of people asking this question... and while it isn&#39;t very hard or annoying to answer the question it might be more convenient.

Sorry if this already exists and I&#39;ve missed it.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

I also think it&#39;s the low carb flu/hangover.

Try upping your fat intake! Scarf some bacon when you feel dizzy like that, or when you tummy rumbles! Eat till you&#39;re full, so that may mean 2 helpings of big ass salad. (I always need two helpings, if not 3!)

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Asturian is offline Senior Member

Hi, I&#39;m Asturian and I used to be a carb addict.

When I went cold-turkey on the carbs about a year ago, I had withdrawal symptoms for about two weeks. Had headaches, nausea, fatigue, and irritability just like a long drawn out alcohol binge hangover. After first week it started getting better and by second week all was back to normal sans carbs.

Carbs = sugar. Like a heroin junkie, it shocks the body when you stop burning sugar and force it to burn ketones (from fat).

The best thing to do is stop all carbs, go cold-turkey and tough it out. It does get better.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

elorajade is offline Senior Member

"whether they be based on whey, soy, rice or soylent green. "

BAH! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

SOYLENT GREEN IS PPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast