Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will I stop losing weight? page

polymurphism is offline Junior Member

Will I stop losing weight?

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I just switched to the primal blueprint a couple weeks ago.

I'm a 24 year old male.
    5' 10"
    and currently weigh 215 lbs.

It seems like I'm currently losing weight on an average of 2-3lbs a week. Which seems pretty good to me. I haven't had the chance to get into a primal workout routine but I plan on doing that soon.

Anyways, my question is will I stop losing weight at some point. I'd like to lose 20-40lbs (depending on how much muscle I gain). It seems like a dumb question but I'm still learning exactly how this works. Will my weight loss slow down at some point and eventually hit some sort of equilibrium? Or am I losing weight because I'm not eating enough and I will need to eat more to maintain my weight?

Thanks

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    There are no dumb questions, except for this one.

If you don't at some point stop losing weight, you will die. Your body will reach a homeostasis (or equilibrium) and definitely stop losing weight. This "weight" may be above or below what you'd desire, and you can then make changes accordingly.

You're losing weight as a result of better eating habits (the science of which can be found on the book and on the site, so I won't go into it) and chances are you are also eating less (since you're not eating filler foods like breads or pastas that don't contribute to nutrition) so it's a bit of both. Once you reach your desired body composition you will know whether you need to eat more or less or stay at maintenance.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    There are no dumb questions, except for this one.

If you don't at some point stop losing weight, you will die. Your body will reach a homeostasis (or equilibrium) and definitely stop losing weight. This "weight" may be above or below what you'd desire, and you can then make changes accordingly.

You're losing weight as a result of better eating habits (the science of which can be found on the book and on the site, so I won't go into it) and chances are you are also eating less (since you're not eating filler foods like breads or pastas that don't contribute to nutrition) so it's a bit of both. Once you reach your desired body composition you will know whether you need to eat more or less or stay at maintenance.
    LOL.

To the OP, yes at some point you will stop losing weight. You may even gain good weight. I'm your height and around your weight and am not trying to lose weight.

polymurphism is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    LOL.

To the OP, yes at some point you will stop losing weight. You may even gain good weight. I'm your height and around your weight and am not trying to lose weight.
    I guess the reason I ask the question is because everyone around me is extremely skeptical about my diet. They think I am going to die.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    You'll be fine, people just can't wrap their heads around the idea of living without bread. I just can't understand it. People are so against meat and vegetables despite the fact that we ate that type of diet for millions of years.

As long as you're eating your meat and vegetables you will be fine. You are going to lose weight, but it won't be so dramatic, trust me, most people here wish it were so.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by polymurphism View Post
    I guess the reason I ask the question is because everyone around me is extremely skeptical about my diet. They think I am going to die.
    See, this is exactly why I killed off my entire family and have no friends. I suggest you do the same.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    See, this is exactly why I killed off my entire family and have no friends. I suggest you do the same.
    This thread is full of win.

OP: Yes, people are dumb. That's how we got in this mess in the first place.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by polymurphism View Post
    Don't talk to people about your "diet." Just eat. Stress of worrying what other people think will kill you.

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    Don't talk to people about your "diet." Just eat. Stress of worrying what other people think will kill you.
    TOTALLY TRUE! If people offer you bread, say "No, thank you." Be polite. If people bug you about your diet, tell them that you want to try it out for a few months and see how you feel. Even terrible diets are unlikely to kill you in three months.

I have only lost 8 pounds, but I no longer have IBS. That in iteself is a major reason to keep going for me. I have no more interest in grains (except rice, I do eat that occasionally). It gets less and less wierd for other people. When you go out, get the grilled salmon on salad. Or order a steak with steamed veg and a side salad. Have the wine. When everyone is having dessert, opt for a nice cup of coffee. No one will notice that you are eating primally. And at home, who cares?
    Woman, Artist, Wife, Visionary, Mother, Gardener, Daughter, Tea-drinker, Friend, Believer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast