Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These Damn Vibrams! page 3

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Strong 2 year bump. Hopefully he has it worked out by now.

On another note, my left foot has more issues than my right with my Merrells in terms of fit, and can be annoying if I put them on at the wrong "angle." Right foot: Totally fine.

Laces are also way tighter on my left foot because the shoe is more loose. Thanks Merrells for making me realize my other foot must be a 1/2 size off

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    My merrell barefoot thingies are great. None of that separate toe business. Light, flexible, hardy. Grip isn't so good though.

bemental is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle46N View Post
    Try running barefoot on the treadmill, and see if it still hurts that part of your foot. If so, you know it's not the Vibrams.
    I'm all about the experimentation, but do we really think its the shoes?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I observe many guys in Vibrams pounding the hell out of the treadmill with horrible heel striking and thud-thud-thud so loud it echos through the gym. I'm betting they don't do nearly as bad with their stride on regular ground. I think there's something about the treadmill.

Check out the guys over at Barefoot Ted's Huaraches Google Group and see what they have to say about it. You can search their group. The subject comes up a lot.
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/huaraches
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    My podatrist told me that he is seeing quite a bit of injuries from running on hard surfaces in Vibrams. I only run in them on grass. I have no problems using elliptical in Vibrams.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I have never understood the hype around Vibrams! Either I run barefoot at the beach or I use special shoes for running or when lifting I use hiking boots when training lower body and barefoot when deadlifting...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

My gym forbids lifting in socks, and we have no sand to run on, lol. Vibrams also provide really good grip/balance, so sprints are not scary or if grass is a bit wet. For lifting, good luck finding lifting shoes in a store for a girl, but Vibrams are right there and you don't feel like you are falling down on a squat no more.

I also feel like I am falling when I run sprints in orthotics-enhanced shoes, but no problem in Vibrams. I have to wear orthotics because my feet got screwed up from running in normal running shoes after about a year. Feet hurt less to walk in Vibrams too. When I retire and we move away from the harsh climate, I will likely wear Vibrams year-round.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    My podatrist told me that he is seeing quite a bit of injuries from running on hard surfaces in Vibrams. I only run in them on grass. I have no problems using elliptical in Vibrams.
    Yesssssssssss...... you need my special orthotics to run on hard surfaces correctly. Muahahahahhahaha!

If you never hurt 24/7 I don't expect you to get it. My feet still do, but at least the doc made walking tolerable. Orthotics do provide relief. So do Vibrams, but not when running on the hard surfaces. It sucks, and, yes, I should swim more, run less, but logistically running is easier.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I was actually saying that in my best "evil podiatrist" voice. Hmmm. Wonder what that would actually sound like..... Don't mind me, I'm just goofin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast