Thread: Hi, I'm a nube... page

KathyM is offline Junior Member

Hi, I'm a nube...

Primal Fuel
    This is my 3rd day trying primal. My husband still wants his rice and tortillas, but he supports my endeavors. This morning i woke up late, but i wasn't hungry. Ate a spoon of almond butter to take medicine. Anyway, Hi! Trying this on a budget. Still eating yogurt but it doesn't bother me. Wish me luck.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Good luck. See if you can barter. Keep the rice, but get rid of the tortillas.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Good to have you! Get masa tortillas and you'll be good to go.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Kathy! Welcome.

Hopefully the yogurt is whole milk without sugar. :-)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

melissaishappy is offline Junior Member
    Kathy- I'm new, too! Try Greek Gods whole milk plain yogurt. I add a few drops of Vanilla Creme flavored liquid stevia (by Sweet Leaf). I also mix in some sliced strawberries. Delish! It's like strawberry chessecake and makes a great snack or dessert replacement. You can find both in health food stores, or maybe your regular grocery store if it has a good organic section.

I'm on my 11th day, and I feel amazing!!! Weight is falling off! Good luck!

Melissa

KathyM is offline Junior Member
    The yogurt was FF Dannon Oikos (only because i could not bear to throw it out). I have a big container of GG whole to dive into. My husband always buys corn tortillas. He probably thinks this is another fad for me, I just dove off the Weight watchers wagon. Thanks for all the support.

melissaishappy is offline Junior Member
    Kathy, I'm right with you! I'm just jumping (or falling again) off the WW wagon, too. I just got sick of all the counting and tracking. I started to feel like all I thought about was food and it was a few good days, followed by a few bad days. I lost about 12 pounds on the PP plan, but then I just couldn't seem to get things moving again. PB has been so great because I don't think about food as much and it just feels natural. I'm also not ever hungry and gone are the 3-4pm munchies. It's also nice not to worry about adhering to fixed mealtimes. Who cares if it's 3pm and I haven't eaten lunch!

Hope things are going well for you. Today marks the end of my 2nd week and I've lost 4 lbs! Yippee!

Good luck to you!
    Melissa

Autumnrose is offline Member
    I fell off the Primal Wagon and crawled back on last week. I just about forgot how good I can feel eating the primal way.

Wishing you lots of success on your journey!

GrokinUK is offline Junior Member
    try the egg tortilla recipe in the Primal Blueprint cookbook! They are fab!! Can't taste the difference so sneak them on your husband