Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not getting enough calories or protein page

mjn298 is offline Junior Member

Not getting enough calories or protein

Shop Now
    Hi, all!

So I have been measuring out and writing down my food consumption but didn't get around to putting it in a nutrition spreadsheet program until earlier today.

It's on the Ketogenic macronutrient ratio and -2 LBs weekly settings (I don't really know if it is possible for me to lose 2 pounds a week but I am more concerned about the macronutrient ratio than going over w/ calories).

Yesterday I only consumed 1500 calories! And walking home from school I burned almost 260 calories (I don't believe this whatsoever, though - I'm skeptical of exercise calorie counts' accuracy).

My concern is that I am only hungry at meals and I eat until I'm satisfied.. I don't want to force myself to eat more. Is this a problem? What should I do?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mjn298; 10-05-2011 at 09:17 AM.

dado Guest
    your first mistake is in attaching the image instead of pasting it.

nutrition spreadsheets? i spit on these.

i count nothing.

Edited to paste the image

and yeah I notice a dislike of "counting" but I like to keep records for a variety of reasons.

dado Guest
    your reasons, i dislike them immediately.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Are you trying to lose weight?

I think that generally a good goal would be to be able to eat when you are hungry, stop when you are staisfied, and maintain a healthy weight and strength.

I usually just track when I eat in my journal. That way I can watch trends and not get too hung up on the numbers of it all, obsessing about the minute details can add stress and stress is not good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    My concern is that I am only hungry at meals and I eat until I'm satisfied.. I don't want to force myself to eat more. Is this a problem? What should I do?
    Sounds like your metabolism is working perfectly! Relax.

My only suggestion is to make sure you eat more ruminants (beef/lamb) proportionately than poultry over your week. Better Omega 3:6 ratio.

If you are losing too much, then you can add in some starchy carbs like sweet potatoes or some fruit.

Good advice.. yes I'm trying to lose weight.

I'm not stressed at all, which is great. In fact, I feel way better than I have in a long time. I just like to keep track of things for records since this is kind of a trial-and-error experiment for me.

Dragonfly - thanks!

I'll eat more ruminants.. I just have a hard time finding any grass-fed food other than beef and while I love beef I don't want to eat it every day. Might go exploring for some grass-fed lamb or bison this weekend.

Grizz is offline Banned
    mjn,

Are you trying to lose weight?
    How much?

Grizz

PrimalCon New York
    Grizz - probably around 20 lbs or so but I don't need to live and die by the scale. Even after about 10 days of eliminating grains and processed foods I feel much better and some of my pants are falling off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast