Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack page

crogagnon is offline Member

New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I'm Marc, and I created PaleoTrack, a food journal designed for The Primal Blueprint and the Paleo Diet. I've noticed that a few people in the forums are using my tool (thank you) and I was hoping you could give me some feedback here.

Do you prefer it over FitDay or the other food journals? What features would you like added, removed, or improved?

A little background about me: I discovered PB 2 years ago through the blog. Eventually, I bought Mark's book and completely changed my diet and lifestyle. Although I once was 50 lbs overweight, when I started PB I was only 15 lbs overweight and I was more interested in improving my chronic illnesses, like daily headaches, "gut problems", joint pain, brain fog, and energy crashes. Today I'm illness-free, 15 lbs lighter, and haven't felt this healthy in my whole life (I'm 36).

Before creating PaleoTrack, I used FitDay and was annoyed with its speed and its conventional wisdom advice. I hated seeing my saturated fat and cholesterol in the red zone every day! I wanted an equivalent tool that would instead tell me what interests me: Did I avoid poisonous things? Is my omega-6 to omega-3 ratio healthy?

If you haven't tried PaleoTrack, please do so (it's free) and give me your feedback. It's designed for us, so I want to continue improving it for our needs.

Thanks, and keep Groking it!

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    seems pretty cool, thanks!
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I like it, a lot. A couple of ideas...

I like to track what I eat and not necessarily have to have nutrient values, it would be nice to have this as an option.

It would be nice if you could copy "a meal" from 1 day to another, if for example I eat dinner leftovers for breakfast.

the ability to review a week at a time would be nice, or to be able to compare selected days over time.

the ability to include your days movements.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    oh, and maybe the ability to check the nutrient content of a recipe?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

DBM
    DBM is offline Junior Member
    Hey crogagon I'm just trying, it seems pretty easy. Will let you know.
    thanks DBM

reeferjon is offline Member
    Just started using it today...I'm a long time fit day user.........have to say I like the simplicity of PaleoTrack, as with all these trackers they are regional and you will need take the time to set up products for your individual use.........
    Be nice to eventualy see it as a Smart fone client too....

Thanks for your hard work, makes our lives much easier.

John.

PapaGrok is offline Member
    I'm also loving it! Keep up the good work! I'm never going to use fitday again.

Clabbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Had not heard of the site but I immediately went there to enter this morning's breakfast and wow! Thank you! So glad to have found this.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I rarely track but I tried it and am highly impressed. I will need to futz with it more to come up with ideas, but I will definitely be using it.
    I love the o36 ratio and the breakdown of the fatty acids under each micro type. However, it would be AWESOME if you could correlate the fatty acid to a name, rather than just the nomenclature (num:num) that is used. I am mostly wondering about stearic and palmitic acid but knowing all others would be great as well.
    And as was said before, a smart phone app that syncs with it would be great. I would pay for the ability to sync between the two.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

crogagnon is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I'm working on the next update to incorporate some of these requests. Please help spread the word to your friends.

Thanks.

Marc

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast