Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack page 7

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by HayMaker View Post
    Don't know if someone else mentioned it, but it would be nice to be able to edit entries instead of deleting and re-adding them as well.
    Yep, that would be good
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Oh, and great job on responding to enhancement requests so quickly crogagnon!
    It's coming along nicely and with a weekly summary page it'll be hard to beat
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

crogagnon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractpersona View Post
    Would be great to type in, for example
    2 large poached eggs,
    or 1 tablespoon coconut oil,
    or 6 strawberries
    and have it put the correct number and the correct name, or give suggestions if necessary.

Even better would be if you could write
    2 carrots and 1 tablespoon butter and 2 cloves garlic and 2 parsnips and 1 teaspoon ginger
    and have it process it correctly, all at a time. This is why I hate food logs, having to enter one thing at a time.
    But i know I'm a bit of a dreamer :-)

I love this tool. I previously used FitDay, this tool is much better. By the way, what did you use to code it, Ruby on rails?
    I'm a big fan of natural language interfaces, but unfortunately we are the only two geeks who like them. And yes, I did use Ruby on Rails to build PaleoTrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    can you also add a shopping list? i mean if we enter the recipes the next all encompassing thing would be able to do a shopping list... just my dreams. and iphone app
    That's a good idea. Could you describe how this shopping list feature would behave? Thanks.

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crogagnon View Post
    That's a good idea. Could you describe how this shopping list feature would behave? Thanks.
    I imagine there would bea tab where you could enter in recipes. There would be an ingrediants section and an instruction section. You would also be able to name the recipe. Once the ingredient section was filled out and saved it would be included in the pull down menu of foods. So for example you could look for eggs and find poached, fried and muppet eggs. Of course muppet eggs would be a recipe that I had entered.

Also have a shopping list tab that would have the option of clicking next to any of the recipes and maybe have additional things categorized so you could just check a box for eggs because you need more eggs than just for a recipe. And if you remove a recipe from shopping list it comes off of the grocery list.
    And then the list could ne emailed or if there was an iPhone app

Thanks!!

TheBrawny is offline Junior Member

Sodium

When entering in the nutritional information for foods it asks for the Cholesterol and the Sodium, as well as a lot of other things, but on the food journal for the day there aren't totals for these 2 items, and sodium happens to be what i want to track now most. The cholesterol would just be nice to have so i can rub how much of it i eat in other people's faces when they try and tell me how unhealthy i am. So yeah, having all the stuff that is required to be entered when creating a custom food be listed on the journal page would be a great improvement.

Another great thing would be the ability to be able to edit a custom food after it's created. I had to recreate one item 3 times because i kept missing some things, or had entered the serving size wrong (or the system parsed it wrong, or i just read it wrong and thought it had done so). Also, the ability to click on an item in the journal and update the quantity. So say i have an apple in the morning, and then one in the evening, rather than having to re-find the item and add it again, i could just click the item and change the quantity.

Once the favorites are implemented that will be really handy.
    Last edited by TheBrawny; 11-11-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Thought of more improvement suggestions

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Nice! I hate fitday =)
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrawny View Post
    When entering in the nutritional information for foods it asks for the Cholesterol and the Sodium, as well as a lot of other things, but on the food journal for the day there aren't totals for these 2 items, and sodium happens to be what i want to track now most. The cholesterol would just be nice to have so i can rub how much of it i eat in other people's faces when they try and tell me how unhealthy i am. So yeah, having all the stuff that is required to be entered when creating a custom food be listed on the journal page would be a great improvement.
    That's a good point. I don't display them on the journal because most people don't care, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to display them anyway just so we can brag about it.

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    Smart phone app!! anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy1 View Post
    Smart phone app!! anytime soon?
    I might do a mobile web version soon... but it's a lot of work, and I don't have a lot of time.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast