Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack page 6

crogagnon is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhatcher17 View Post
    Very cool! I like it but would like to be able to track carbs too!
    What more than the pie chart do you need to track carbs?

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but the day doesn't account for different time zones.

When creating my own foods, it's a little annoying that the default measurement is in grams. It would be great to be able to select an althernative measurement.

Also, for me today has already been the 27th for nearly 14.5 hours, but if I add foods to 'Today' they're still added to the 26th. And I can't add them the the 27th as it isn't available to be selected.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Just created a new food, Pink Salmon (as the brand I eat has different values than those you have listed), but I can't add Omega 3, EPA or DHA.
    So when I add this food to my journal, the Omega 3 ratio doesn't change as it should.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but the day doesn't account for different time zones.
    Is your time zone correctly selected on the My Account page? I try to automatically detect it, but sometimes that doesn't work with javascript.

When creating my own foods, it's a little annoying that the default measurement is in grams. It would be great to be able to select an althernative measurement.
    I'll fix that.

Just created a new food, Pink Salmon (as the brand I eat has different values than those you have listed), but I can't add Omega 3, EPA or DHA.
    So when I add this food to my journal, the Omega 3 ratio doesn't change as it should.
    When creating a new food that has more detailed micro nutrients (like omega 3), select the option "I want to enter detailed macro/micro nutrients" before clicking the Create new food button.

PaleoTrack now supports recipes. So, if you're always eating the same meals, just create a recipe for it once and then find and add it like all other foods in the database. It was the most requested feature and I've been working hard on it for a few weeks now. Hope everyone finds it useful.

So, what is the next new feature that I should add?

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for this great tool! I'm liking it much better than the others I've tried.
    One thing I'd like to be able to do is to edit a food once I've added it.

HayMaker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crogagnon View Post
    PaleoTrack now supports recipes. So, if you're always eating the same meals, just create a recipe for it once and then find and add it like all other foods in the database. It was the most requested feature and I've been working hard on it for a few weeks now. Hope everyone finds it useful.

So, what is the next new feature that I should add?
    I'm liking the recipe feature, nice work!

As for other features, on the summary page it would be nice if you could add another button next to the delete X to display a review of the nutritional values for that entry. I know you get that when you add the food, but on the summary page it would be nice if you could review everything you've eaten, for instance if the overall totals look out of whack.

Don't know if someone else mentioned it, but it would be nice to be able to edit entries instead of deleting and re-adding them as well.
    The question is, are you going to die sitting on the sofa - or doing something interesting?

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Would be great to type in, for example
    2 large poached eggs,
    or 1 tablespoon coconut oil,
    or 6 strawberries
    and have it put the correct number and the correct name, or give suggestions if necessary.

Even better would be if you could write
    2 carrots and 1 tablespoon butter and 2 cloves garlic and 2 parsnips and 1 teaspoon ginger
    and have it process it correctly, all at a time. This is why I hate food logs, having to enter one thing at a time.
    But i know I'm a bit of a dreamer :-)

I love this tool. I previously used FitDay, this tool is much better. By the way, what did you use to code it, Ruby on rails?

I'm also eager for the weekly summary. I used that on FitDay to show nutrient, calories, and macronutrient breakdown on my marksdailyapple journal, like this
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2698/...35760668_b.jpg
    All in all, great app. I go to the website from android tablet, xoom, and it works great. A text box pinned to the home sceen would be nice, so one can enter an item to our journal without launching a full blown app.

Good stuff.
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 11-07-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    can you also add a shopping list? i mean if we enter the recipes the next all encompassing thing would be able to do a shopping list... just my dreams. and iphone app

Is your time zone correctly selected on the My Account page? I try to automatically detect it, but sometimes that doesn't work with javascript.

I'll fix that.
    I hadn't, missed that I could. Have done now though and 'Today' is now the correct date, but when I switch into the Journal it defaults to yesterday.
    If that's working as designed then all good

When creating a new food that has more detailed micro nutrients (like omega 3), select the option "I want to enter detailed macro/micro nutrients" before clicking the Create new food button.
    Gotcha, I'll give it a go. Thanks

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast