Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack page 5

crogagnon is online now Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Does paleo track discern healthy 06 from unhealthy 06? Mine came from black olives and avocados. That's perfectly safe. Why the flag?
    PaleoTrack calculates the ratio as LA vs ALA+EPA+DHA.

What do you mean by healthy and unhealthy O6? According to the USDA database, the polyunsaturated fats in black olives and avocados are mostly linoleic acid. Avocado has a 15:1 ratio, and 99% of those o6 are LA.

Deb1024 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Marc! I sent you feedback today via email. LOVE THIS! Thanks so much. A printer friendly option to print out your daily journal would be great. Android a weight tracker. : )

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Arachidonic acid and eicosadienioic are some other omega 6 acids.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Can you see your stats for the week, or one day at a time?..

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Can you see your stats for the week, or one day at a time?..
    For now the stats are only for one day at a time. But weekly stats are coming, and so are streaks, e.g., "Congratulations! You've been grain free for 26 days".

Lilyheart is offline Senior Member
    I tried the site a little while back. I wanted to try and use it again (as I'd like to know my o3/o6), but the twitter/facebook widgets at the bottom of every single page is killing my page load time. I'd like to go back and find out when I used it before, but can't really as there is no calendar/overview and scrolling page by page takes forever. It's not my connection as I'm on a fiber line, but I know from designing other websites, facebook/widgets can be notoriously slow for some users.

Also, if I'm on a journal page for a date other then today, and I go to add a food, can it default to yesterday's date? I keep forgetting that even though I was on the date I wanted, it defaults to today.

If there was a landing page that was maybe a summary of the day/week and that had the various widgets and such, but while it's in the standard footer, it's gonna cause loading issues for some people.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Really? Can you post where you read that? Because I would love to verify it. It makes my plan of gorging on sushi once a week to make up for any grain-fed meat I eat seem a lot more doable...
    Primal Wisdom: The Practically Primal Guide to Conventional Beef, Part 3: Nutritional composition

He has all the citations and stuff within the article.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyheart View Post
    Also, if I'm on a journal page for a date other then today, and I go to add a food, can it default to yesterday's date? I keep forgetting that even though I was on the date I wanted, it defaults to today.
    Yes, that's a good point, I'll fix it after I'm finished adding the recipe and favorites food features.

As for the facebook/twitter widgets, I'll see what I can do. They load quickly on Chrome and Firefox, are you using Internet Explorer?

Lilyheart is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crogagnon View Post
    As for the facebook/twitter widgets, I'll see what I can do. They load quickly on Chrome and Firefox, are you using Internet Explorer?
    Egads no. I think I'd have to turn in my CSS coder title. I move between Chrome and Firefox.

It's being quicker then it was this morning, but I tried to track down some data. Using the Network tab on Chrome's Developer tools I reloaded the page 5 times. The fastest the page loaded was 3.8 seconds and the longest was 6.2 seconds. (4.23, 6.2, 4.23, 3.8, 3.98). I'll check again in the morning tomorrow and if I see a slow down again, I'll get some more numbers.

{{(and it could just be coming from my last project which was all SPEEDSPEEDMAKEITFASTER)}}

Mhatcher17 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Very cool! I like it but would like to be able to track carbs too!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast