Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack page 3

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Haven't tracked for ages, since my first few weeks primal and then every now and again for a few of months just to make sure I was on the right track (found I was usually under eating calorie wise as I was so satiated). But it was certainly very useful and something that I recommend to friends and family just making the switch, but having a CW oriented tool like brightspark or fitday has often been confusing for newbs so this is much needed. Well done

My one request at this point would be the smart phone synching app, a lot of work as one for each platform is needed please (I bounce between iphone, android and WP7 - currently loving the WP7) ;-)

Will give it a go and add any recs I can think of the the list.

crogagnon is offline Member
    Thanks! I'm working on those things now.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    It would be nice to know what the color coding of the different amino acids and such represents. (purple, green and red?)
    The color represents whether you have reached that nutrient's Recommended Daily Intake (RDI). Red means you are below the RDI, green means above, and purple/gray means there is no official daily value for that nutrient.

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    My one request at this point would be the smart phone synching app, a lot of work as one for each platform is needed please (I bounce between iphone, android and WP7 - currently loving the WP7) ;-)
    You have all three phones? Wow, your belt must look like Batman's utility belt!

I was considering iOS and Android, but WP7 wasn't even on my radar. Would a mobile web version suffice, compatible with all three mobile browsers?

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Used for the past couple of days and the thing that bothers me the most is that the info I want (all the technical details) are at the bottom of the page while the journal is up at the top. A preference setting would be best since some might like it better the way it is, but I like having the pie chart and macro/micro breakdowns at the top.

Ability to edit the serving in the journal, macros for each journal entry (cal,prot,fat,carb) and specify which vitamin/minerals you want to track.
    Last edited by IcarianVX; 10-18-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Customizing the journal report is a great idea, I've heard the same complain from some other people. It's complicated but I'm going to give it a try (without complicating the user experience for the others).

I'm definitely working on being able to edit the servings and adding macros to the entries.

Thanks for taking the time to try it and giving me your feedback.

HandBot is offline Junior Member
    Great webapp. It's already highly usable as it is. It's already changing how I look at my daily primal diet.

I think you should keep the same simple type of layout to avoid scaring away new folks. A lot of the 'extras' mentioned would be nice, but could clutter up the interface (unless they're placed in an 'advanced' tab).

My only request is the one already stated by others: I'd like to be able to store meals/recipes to bring in. Especially when my typical morning smoothie has 5 ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by crogagnon View Post
    You have all three phones? Wow, your belt must look like Batman's utility belt!
    hahaha I don't have an iPhone, don't particularly like them tbh, but I have an iPad, and android and a WP7 for work. The android was for my use and the WP7 was supposed to be for testing purposes, but I like it better so have switched

Quote Originally Posted by crogagnon View Post
    I was considering iOS and Android, but WP7 wasn't even on my radar. Would a mobile web version suffice, compatible with all three mobile browsers?
    A mobile web version that works on all platforms could be a good idea, but you'll probably be missing out on market share by not having the specific apps for at least iphone and android (I don't know how big the windows phones are in the states at the moment, but they're only just starting to make an appearance down under. So a WP7 app would probably just be for me

Also:

You've got tbsp for coconut oil and lard, but when I just tried to add "dripping" there wasn't a spoon type measurement available.. just grams, lbs or oz.

But I've just realised that if I search for "tallow" tbsp is there

Oh, and being able to edit the measurements used for food items that you added to your journal rather than just deleting them would be good.

Overall though, me likee
    Last edited by Misabi; 10-18-2011 at 02:52 PM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Seconding (thirding?) the iPhone feature. I don't work anywhere near a desk, so that's a huge deal to me. I'm currently using Livestrong, and that's one of the main reasons why. I'd love to be able to support someone in the Primal family instead.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Loana is offline Junior Member
    Very cool! I just need to add in my Carls Jr. bunnless six dollar burger and Im set. And the meaty breakfast burrito and steak burrito without tortilla. Very intuitive. I like it. Thank you!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast