Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack page 17

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

BlueGlaucus is offline Junior Member
    Just signed up, looks good, glad it includes the macronutrients.
    Can you change it so we can add pics for custom foods and brand names.

Also where do you get all your data from? I and I'm sure many others eat a wide variety of meat and it would be great to have better values. Like you only have goat meat, do values exist some where for different cuts. Goat belly for example is massively different to a lean cut.

Will see how it goes for a few days and report back, so far nothing's beat MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM for me.

The premium is quite expensive, any chance of a free 7/14day trial to see if its worth it. Does it for example have a chart that plots calories and weight, like myplate does. . Like this Net Calories and Weight: My livestrong Chart | wholiedtotheblind on Xanga
    It would also be good to have a range of memberships, 1month, 3months or 6months.
    Last edited by BlueGlaucus; 05-15-2013 at 03:52 AM.

JohnA is offline Junior Member
    I use paleotrack as well - amazing bit of software and incredible amount of data for each food type - where do you get the food data from?
    I dont use it every day but every now and then if I want to check on a food then i use it.
    John

ratcliffe_mike is offline Junior Member
    I am based in the UK and many people here use MyFitnessPal.com because they have a phone app that allows you to scan barcodes to quickly add your foods. A lot of British foods are not available on FitDay etc.

if you had the barcode scanning feature I would be more than happy to switch and add each food I use to your DB.
    Last edited by ratcliffe_mike; 07-19-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Arrrrrrrach is offline Junior Member
    I really like this tool (this is my first post and it's about your tracker!), however I have noticed that the entries for canned red Salmon do not update Vitamin D values. Is this correct? Surely there is plenty of D in those wild tins...

crogagnon is offline Member
    You're right, unfortunately the nutrition source I used doesn't seem to have measured the vitamin D content of red salmon. The other canned salmon entries don't seem to have that problem. Sorry.

The good news is that I'm working on a new feature that will allow people to take a food and do a "Save as" and modify some of the nutrients. Hopefully this will increase the food selection for everyone.

Arrrrrrrach is offline Junior Member
    No problem, it's a great tool! Just glad i wasn't going mad...

hollylu is offline Junior Member
    Sorry if this has been addressed already (don't want to read 17 pages of comments) - is this available for iPhone? I am looking for a way to keep track of my carbs, fat, protein and calories on my phone.

crogagnon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hollylu View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed already (don't want to read 17 pages of comments) - is this available for iPhone? I am looking for a way to keep track of my carbs, fat, protein and calories on my phone.
    If you open paleotrack.com in your iPhone's Safari browser, you will have access to a free trial of the mobile web version of the site. It will look and feel like an iPhone app. Unfortunately, I don't have plans for a native iPhone app for now, it is too expensive to build.

Myrtille is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I discovered paleotrack yesterday and I really like it. Thank you !
    I won't track every day but plan to track a ten-day period every season ; I found it helpfull to have a clear representation,
    allows me to make some improvements in my diet.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast